Wednesday, September 02, 2026

Then and Now

It's finally here. I begin my 80th orbit around the sun today.

I look a bit different than I did about 77 years ago. You've seen this photo before, but it suits me to post it again today. I was cute then.


I think that was from 1963 when I was 16. Not too bad looking even then.


I had the boys take this one yesterday when they treated me to birthday lunch. As you can plainly see, I am no longer cute or good looking, and where the heck did my hair go? Isn't it awful what time does to a boy an old man? I converted it to b&w to go with the previous photos. I will probably keep the colour version on hand to include in some possibly far-off Orphan Photo post 


Tonight we'll head over to Sha's for birthday pizza. As you already know, Danica is unavailable. Jonathan will also be working for most of the evening, but we'll probably see him in passing. We'll do something or other today, even if it is just a coffee in the park.




5 comments:

  1. I would say you are a dapper old man, especially with your jaunty red hat on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big Happy Birthday to you.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at 16 year old you, I can see where Danica and Jonathan got their looks. We all get older. We may not look like we did when we were younger, but if we look inside, we will still find that person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I can see family resemblance, and the 16 year old in the 80 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Great to get to the eighth decade! Welcome! Pizza sounds good. As well as coffee and a walk where hopefully you'll do some magic with your camera. You have the same twinkle in your eyes, a little cute, a little mischievous. Enjoy the next trip around the sun!

    ReplyDelete