Friday, September 25, 2026

Remembering Lacey

This is the first anniversary of Lacey's crossing of the rainbow bridge. Although I certainly posted about her passing at the time, I left a few photos in the queue from the preceding days and weeks, just to post today.

She, perhaps, paid her final visit to my lap almost three weeks earlier, or at least the last of which I managed to grab my phone. While she was not my lap cat, she knew that treats might, somehow, appear.



She was Sue's lap cat. I remain thankful that Lacey was able to get her portion of loving up until the end.




She ate a good final meal before we took her into the vet. Her jaw was cancerous, so she had been having difficulty getting the food out of the dish. That morning I sat on the kitchen floor with her and rolled up bits that she could pick up. I remain thankful that I thought to do that for the poor, old girl.



17 comments:

  1. Awwww....such a beautiful and touching 💙 story and memories of a beloved cat. Precious photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sweet. She had a good life, those little furballs are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was a beauty. Any thoughts of getting another cat?

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was so extremely cute! I remember how hard it was for you when she passed. I know it still is an empty spot for you. But I am glad you have many photos of her.

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gave her a good life and a gentle ending/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like she had a good last day and a good life with you. She was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure if it was a blog post, but somewhere I heard one definition of Heaven is having all the pets you ever loved running to greet you as you cross over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that thought! I hope it is true.

      Delete
  8. Lacey was such a beautiful girl and so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lacey was beautiful and I am glad she had a peaceful ending.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love a Tabby. I still miss mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You both were such beautiful and kind cat owners. I'm sure you miss her a bit each day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like she not only got hee share of loving...she gave it too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a tender post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love these shot of your dear Lacey! So glad you remembered to share though of course the anniversary is one to bring tears.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing these sweet photos. She looks like a sweet girl. I’m sure you miss her terribly.

    ReplyDelete