Thursday, September 03, 2026

My 79th

I confused some of you yesterday. I knew that I would. I celebrated my 79th birthday, which means that I began my 80th year, but I am not 80 quite yet. Of course, I have the pics to drop, but I shall try to make the dropping minimal by much combining, as in this first diptych. which I will elucidate below..

We had done so much celebrating already that there seemed little else that we could do. But we like our turkey bacon club sandwiches and we like walking at Riverside Park. While sandwiches in the car are more of a cold  weather treat, we were able to mitigate against rain which has fallen most abundantly recently. After the repast, the weather was good enough for a stroll during which Sue took this photo of me taking a photo.

Of course, there was pizza pie and birthday pie (in lieu of cake), and gifts. On the left I hold my apple pie, and on the right I am sitting on my new office chair and holding a bag of spring bulbs that JJ has promised to plant for us this autumn.

Danica dropped by long enough to say hello, and JJ appeared late after his shift at the grocery store. The photo of Jonathan was both over-exposed and blurry, so I am substituting an older photo, but I will get back to him in another post. The snap of Sue was similarly poor, but at least I have her up above from our morning lunch outing.

I had a good visit with Sabine and got a picture with Sha.

They weren't there, but in the morning I did receive a greeting from PJ, our other child who lives in Vancouver. They are presently in Italy with her choir and where they have swum in the Mediterranean Sea. We share the same birthday, 31 years apart.


 

4 comments:

  1. You share a birthday with one of your children? So do I :). Your birthday looks just right, sandwiches with Sue and fun moments with grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. I did have it correct that it was your 79th. Nice celebration spread over the days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to be at that stage of life where celebration involves doing things one can enjoy any day.

    ReplyDelete