Wednesday, September 09, 2026

Labour Day Turquoise and Ice Cream

Sue's photo prompts this week have all to do with turquoise. They are all mixed with something else, like surprise or urban or whatever. 

We were driving along main street heading north to check out a new storefront to check its colour, when Sue spotted turquoise chairs outside of the ice cream shop. I already had been thinking that we needed to stop somewhere or other for a cone before summer vanished, as the season has been seen to be packing its suitcase, having booked its flight to Ecuador.



In this shoulder season it was not too hot to sit outside in the sun, but the shady alley would have beckoned on a hot, summer day. It looks so pleasant and inviting.


So, we sat out front on main street enjoying our fifteen dollar ice creams cones. Yes, they came to that with waffle cones and tax. I think a single cone was almost $6 before the add-ons. 

Sue found a unique photo with the two of us, but I had to hold both cones for her to get the shot.


That wasn't just the first cone of this year, but we also missed last year completely, so it was the first and only in two years. The same is true for visiting a chip truck, so I want to do that before I start behaving myself better when it comes to indulging in those calorific comestibles.

Stay tuned.

22 comments:

  1. I have you beat today. I haven't had a cone in three years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have held the cone in your right hand higher so that it looked like reflective Sue was holding it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such pleasant shots...colorful too! Glad you warned me as I was recently thinking how good a waffle cone might taste. Last year's ice cream was in a cup. So I'm overdue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the choice of turquoise for their table & chairs. They are encouraging you to spend $15 on ice cream cones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful color and Sue matches! Seeing your cones makes me realize that I didn't try any ice cream in Ireland. It was everywhere and since Ireland is known for dairy, I'm sure it would have been delicious. What flavor(s) did you get? It looks like the same one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember the last cone that I have had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am wondering if your cones are both “cookies and cream”…. that is one option, the other that is perhaps more likely is “moose tracks”? Or am I deceived?

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good try but not correct. Similar I suppose. Forget the exact names.

      Delete
  9. You guys are fun. I love that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great time, John! Love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm. Lovely color, yummy looking cones! We don’t get cones often, but more often than you do. I think I’ve had a couple this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why are cones so expensive? Is it the waffle cone driving up the price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The waffle was extra, but I didn't ask how much.

      Delete
  13. $15 dollars??? Great photo of the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I need more ice cream in my life, but only Chapmans (do read about this Canadian ice cream company, quite impressive, iyam).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you and Sue for indulging, John. As you know, whenever we find a new-to-us ice cream place on our travels, we have a compulsion to try it. Yes, the prices are often as exorbitant as you mentioned here, and the waffle cones always cost more 😟.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ice cream is good for you right? I like it but don't have it too often.
    Looks like you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. $15?!!!! How much is that in pounds? it sounds a crazy amount. My ice cream passion would be tempered by that.
    Does Sue suddenly scream, "Stop!" at you when she's in photo prompt mode and spots something appropriate?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rick and I complain about the cost of ice cream cones all the time! $15 -- way too much! But since turquoise is my favorite color, I love every photo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You two are a wonderful pair! I enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for ice cream cones! Love those chairs and the alley. But what is a chip truck???

    ReplyDelete