Thursday was one of those perfect September days. Despite beginning with a low temperature of 4C/39F, the day became bright with a very tolerable temperature of 20C/68F — perfect for a light jacket. Simply wonderful.
Amongst a couple of shopping errands, we grabbed coffees and proceeded to promenade through the park.
The park is mostly green, but there were those early autumn tinges to appeal to the senses. Two were across the river.
![]() |
| Those trees are the start of a wonderful row of orange in front of the school. |
Colours should continue to creep and maybe even begin to gallop, and I will likely drive you crazier than usual with my annual fall foliage feast.




Your color is (understandably) way ahead of ours. We won't peak till mid-October and while it's coming on at the lake (so they say), still far from that.
ReplyDeleteThese are really cheerful to see.
ReplyDeleteDan came home yesterday at dinner time from a brass quintet gig and remarked that the leaves have really changed a lot in the last days. I'd noticed that too when I had to get my son in law and granddaughter from a nearby 4 H engagement. Their second car had a dead battery. Hard today to take any good photos with the rain we are getting but when the sun comes out again I need to record the colors.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, a perfect day to promenade.
ReplyDeleteI love fall foliage and my area isn't known for it, so keep it up!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing the fall feast.
ReplyDeleteWe are in full (free)Fall here. I suspect that several trees will be bare by the end of the week, sigh. Nevertheless, beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDie ersten Herbstfarben sind immer wunderschön. Ich bin bis November in Griechenland und verpasse das Farbenfeuerwerk in Deutschland.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you miss this wonderful season, but I am sure that you don't mind being in Greece. :)
DeleteBeautiful colors! We aren't quite there yet but our weather has been lovely fall--cool and dry.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos! Beautiful colours!
ReplyDeleteReally pretty pictures. What a nice spot and great weather you are having.
ReplyDeleteLove the fall colors.
ReplyDeleteWe are just starting to see small signs of fall here. PS i don't think it is possible to see too many fall pictures.
ReplyDeleteI do love the first hits of autumn and always tell myslef "next year I will get into the hills area with my camera" and every year I forget.
ReplyDeleteThat one tree is stunning
ReplyDeleteBeautiful shots. Interesting what you can ask a program to do by removing distractions.
ReplyDeleteCool and crisp to begin, warming gently beneath the sun, with coffee, a leisurely park stroll, and those first delicate hints of autumn across the river
ReplyDeleteStarting to look good there, AC!
ReplyDelete