Friday, September 11, 2026

Doors but no Music

Some time ago, I showed you the out-of-town Reciprocal Door. It stood alone as just a door as an art installation.

This week, we found another standalone door in a garden in town, along with a bicycle. There is something appealing about things out of their usual places.

It was actually this ↓ door that we were looking for when we found that ↑ one.

Someone had posted on Facebook that it was near the museum. We drove around the area but couldn't find it, but we did find that other door in the garden. When we got home, Sue contacted the poster of the door in the fence and was given the location. So, we returned to find and photograph it. I took the above photo from low down and the next photo from an angle.

We listened hard but the Doors weren't playing their music on that day.





16 comments:

  1. I like these doors. Intentional art installation or just creative folk, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really fun door installations and I especially liked the pun about no music playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Excellent Dad joke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "This is the end, this is the end my friend..." I think was the Doors. We've kind of gotten used to that impending doom, especially when some far right Christians (in the US at least) are urging things toward Armageddon. But I do like these doors very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Careful AC or you'll "Break on Through (to the Other Side)!" Ha, couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can post photos again! You really persevered to find the door.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pun! I like those doors; they have atmosphere. I could talk in depth about doors that lead no where, but will refrain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A magical addition to a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love these photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, AC. This is the sort of stuff that makes husband mad at me, because now I have an idea for between the raised bed vegetables and my berry patch! It will be a-door-able!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That first door is such a fun place to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hah, when you alluded to the “Doors” music, it had me remember the group (or at least Morrison) stated somewhere that the name was based upon Huxley’s “Doors of Perception”. I have not read that in several decades. I wonder how I would interpret Huxley’s work reading it today? Maybe I shall.

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
  14. And…. The title “Doors of Perception” also seems a fitting title for your post….. you are perceiving doors…. hah!

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
  15. The angled door photo is better than the low down one in my opinion and I really like the one with the bicycle and that big sun on it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely idea! In Italy they have BIG benches scattered around.

    ReplyDelete