Monday, September 28, 2026

Danica at University

It was recently Jonathan's turn to be featured, but today is about Danica  

She wished to come home for the weekend, so we snagged a ride with Shauna to see her university and residence.

As we approached the campus in the car, the Rideau Canal was on our right with the lowering sun lighting up the bordering trees. It was lovely, and I couldn’t resist shooting from the car.   


We found parking, and Danica met us (below) to escort us to her workplace and to lead us on a little tour around campus.


She works part-time in the campus store. I stood back for a moment and got a big picture with our crew in the middle, although they don't exactly stand out.

We walked around a bit of the campus: not the full tour late on a Friday afternoon.

The bag: both Sue and I purchased university apparel.


She held my hand for a bit or I hers. It was my favourite moment. We haven’t done that for a long time: haven’t had a chance to. 


As we walked around the campus, I whispered to Sue and Shauna that she is all grown up now, and she is such a sweet and wonderful person. My heart bursts.

She shares a townie with three girls, one being her friend from high school.



Opening a gift bag, thoughtfully provided by Sue.

Grandmother and Granddaughter

We went to dinner at East Side Marios, but by then both Sue and I were too dazed to snap any more photos. However, Sue and I took a terrible selfie when we got home and tried on our university duds. Mine is actually a birthday present from Dani. I am pleased that is says, Grandpa, although it is missing the adjective, proud. I also bought a t-shirt, but that is already in the drawer awaiting summer.



20 comments:

  1. So much love in those photos. You and Sue are blessed with two wonderful grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a wonderful, caring family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to visit the young one, and let her hostess for your tour. The store looks really lovely, not the crowded aisles from my younger university days! But perhaps they don't even bother to sell books these days! Enjoy your pride...it's a great emotion. My youngest granddaughter is still in college. Mmm, I don't think I'll be understood to wear an OU (Ohio State U) sweatshirt, even if I had one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Course Materials" were behind a counter off to the side with no texts visible.

      Delete
  4. She is truly beautiful! What an honor to be given a tour of the campus. I like your sweat shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sweet. A perfect weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a great day was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is a delightful young lady and the three of you are fortunate to have each other. Looks like a nice campus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the likes and hearts for these beautiful photos...so special to be together and celebrate this way...reminds me of visiting my daughter at McGill. (I have a McGill Dad t-shirt.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I read that you whispered to Sue and Shauna that she's all grown up, and that your heart bursts, I got a lump in my throat. And that little moment of holding hands again after so long... That sweatshirt doesn't need to say 'proud', it's written all over your face.
    https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. My eldest came home from college for the weekend and I couldn't help but tear up a time or two. She too has grown up and didn't warn me ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful photos! Love the college gear and the smiling faces. The handholding picture is frameable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful photos! Congratulations to Danica!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely young woman. And the holding hands picture . . .priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like a great campus and your grand daughter looks proud to be showing you around.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's important and good that you are involved with Shauna's education. It gives much needed support.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful woman she is now. And still proud to show her grandparents around.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, AC, what a love filled post. It almost made MY heart burst.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh how wonderful. It is such a beautiful thing when the grands still involve you in their lives!

    ReplyDelete