Thursday, September 10, 2026

Another Blogger Hiccup

The times, they are a changin. As the evenings shorten, Sue has invoked the electronic candles, There was more than one on last evening, but I only like (sorta like) the photo of the one on the edge of the kitchen, near the front floor. It emits an pleasant odour.

Well darn! I cannot post pictures today, but I will keep going for a little bit regardless.

The next picture that I cannot post is of my computer screen. We stayed up until 1a.m. to watch tennis. It was a great match, but we packed it in at 1 although the game went on until 3:33 in the morning. The American, Ben Shelton defeated Carlos Alcaraz after almost 4.5 hours. We, and especially Sue, do not stay up that late, she being abed shortly after 9 on most nights, but they are our two favourite players. Of the two, we favour  the Spaniard, Alcaraz, a bit more, but we like the American, Shelton, a lot too.

I think staging matches that start at 11 and go on until 3:30 are silly, but year after year the US Open cannot seem to find a solution. It occurred so late because the three previous matches of the day were all very long, so the starting time got pushed way back.

The third pic that I cannot post is of Nick and me smiling and laughing at coffee the other morning. I was showing them my tiny phone tripod-like holder and taking selfies from my watch. I cannot recall what was so funny, but we were caught with genuine laughs.

I did not set out to describe photos that I couldn't post, but after the first one, I went with the flow. I wonder how long this new Blogger hiccup will last. It reminds me of my very early blogging days back in 03 and 04 when posting photos could be problematic. I had workarounds back then, but they were temporary, and some of my early blog posts have blank spaces which once contained photos.

Nope! Tried again, but photos won't load. After going through the process and seeming to load, they simply aren't there.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Later in the Day: Photos are Back
in reverse order






15 comments:

  1. I noticed the latest blogger boo-boo late last night. I found copy and paste from other blog photos worked still. So we can at least continue to see what's already been posted. Sigh. It makes me fear that big brother is again not caring a whit for us little people...as I also deal with health insurance snafus. It's hard to be thankful this Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about your issues with the medical system.
      Hopefully, this blogger hitch will be as brief as the previous one.

      Delete
  2. Ha! Thanks for that. I kept trying to post a picture yesterday. Did not realize everyone was having a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I post a few days in advance and haven't tried today so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has been an issue for me for weeks now... I ended up texting the photos to myself and "dragging" them into my post. I can't upload them the normal way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the second post where someone can't load pictures, which makes me glad I prescheduled my Sunday post full of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't posted today. I should get my FFO post going to make sure I can post photos. Like River, I have read this on other posts too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm seeing on my blog list posts that are at least a day old. The list is not being updated. Yours showed up as 2 days old but I clicked on your blog title and it took me to today's instead of Cycle Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to have terrible issues on Typepad with photos and even though those posts are imported into WordPress, some of my pictures on old posts are missing. :( I'm glad the system is working again. I stayed up too late watching the post game show after our football game. Jet lag still hits me about 9 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and your pal are two peas in a pod. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The candle is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a few electric candles and I love the nice light they give off, yours is quite a beauty!
    Glad the pics are back, I did find a work around but it was a pain.

    Such are the times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way too many snafus these days. They make money off of us, you'd think they'd treat us better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same photo problem for me last night. I gave up and waited until today.
    I love that little lamp, and your laughing faces!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I couldn't post photos for the entire day yesterday. Now the blog list fails to update as well

    ReplyDelete