I am not a car guy, perhaps because I have never been able to afford a hot ride. Who knows? I purchase practical cars that are close to what my budget will tolerate although they are always too expensive. Then, I try to get the most out of them, the present car being a 2010 model that we purchased used in 2014.
Budgetary issues aside, I don't think I ever would have been a car guy, but if I were, I'd be drawn to two classic models: the '57 Chev and the '65 Mustang.
Yesterday, we spotted a 57 Chevy in the grocery store parking lot. While I do not prefer the colour, I shot the car regardless: one photo from the front and one from the back. When I got home, I was inspired to extract them from the busy distractions around them and put the two extracted photos into one frame. I asked AI for a deserted urban parking lot, and it decided to give me a parking garage, but at least it was deserted as requested.

Sorry to hear your sad news. I am not a car person either, but I do like seeing old cars.
ReplyDeleteMy husband always wished for some muscle cars. Instead we'd once in a while go to a show and see them.
ReplyDeleteThat color is interesting for a car, but I actually have a sweatshirt and hoodie in that color.
Nice AI rendition.
Nothing much better than a '57 Chevy! We still see them around here...cool shot and edit!
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna
I'm not a car guy either. I could be but the practical side of my brain is just too developed. But if I was, I would own the below linked car. I can think of no better way to age a guy than to view their dream car. Most often it tends to be a vehicle that was just coming out as they were reaching the age of driving. I've thought that if I ever just had more money than I knew what to do with, I would buy a used one of them and pay someone a lot of money to fix it up with modern technology though leave the outside body appearance and color exactly the same.
ReplyDeletehttps://i1.wp.com/americansupercars.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/pasted-image-0-15.png?w=1600&ssl=1
It's sleek and the right colour.
DeleteYou'd be a good photographer for car ads.
ReplyDeleteThat is one of my favourite cars too.
ReplyDeleteI tend to be “somewhat” of a car guy…. I like the aesthetic of cars. I had two VW Beetles that I restored (mildly).
ReplyDeleteMy taste towards cars though tends more towards the esoteric. I tend to greatly appreciate “oddball” cars…. beetles, Corvairs, Vegas, Gremlins, Pacers, LeCar (Renault 5)…. That sort of thing.
PipeTobacco
I'd prefer in situ...wherever the car had been in the first place would have the connection to the photographer. So all your efforts are noted, that they make a photo into art, while I enjoy the sense of a moment in time captured by a lens. And the turquoise Chevy has always been my favorite of the 57 series...not at all that green.
ReplyDeleteThe originals were ok, and I planned on posting them until I had this inspiration.
DeleteI prefer in situ, as well. People have enough trouble distinguishing between current and archive photos!
DeleteWe had a 57 chevy and they were truly a classic.
ReplyDeleteNow THAT is a car!
ReplyDeleteI was a car gal in my younger years. My first car was '67 Camaro. I had a '59 MGA. The list goes on. That changed a few decades. The only thing important to me now is that it runs and is in good condition. I grew up in a neighborhood of motorheads and have personally known this car.
ReplyDeleteI'm not a car lady whatsoever. In fact, when I was younger someone asked me what car I drove "I don't know, it's green" was the response. I'm a little better informed now, hahaha. We have a car museum near us that is actually really cool to visit - even for me!
ReplyDeleteThat is one cool car. Unlike you, i do love the colour!
ReplyDeleteI don't understand the love for cars, although there are some whose looks I prefer to others. As long as they're clean, warm, dry, and get me where I want to go, good 'nuff. Scott likes '70s sporty ones, which I find ugly. Those on your page today are nice. -Kate
ReplyDeleteI love my Subaru as long as it behaves and gets me where I want to go. My parents had a 56 Belair Chevy--maroon and white. I wanted them to keep it until I could drive; looking back on the size of its steering wheel, it would have been a challenge.
ReplyDeleteMy Dad loved the mechanics more than the aesthetics, but he was a car guy. He loved to fix the engines in old clunkers. Like you, I'm not a car guy either, but likely thanks to my Dad, I do enjoy it when people drive rusty old vehicles...it's sort of optimistic in its pragmatism.
ReplyDeleteNice looking car. My grandma had a '69 Ford Mustang Convertible when I was growing up. People would stop her and ask to see her car. lol
ReplyDeleteI remember that model. I was a sophomore in high school and dated a fella who drove a yellow one. (He turned out to be a real jerk.)
ReplyDeleteAs I age, I look for car to get around.
ReplyDeleteMy dad WAS a car guy. Big time. I think he justified it to himself as advertising for his business. (as in, look how successful he must be to drive that) He had an early Mustang, very very chic, that I got to drive for a week while the parents went on holiday by plane. Sigh. It is hard to feel sleek and competent with a baby strapped into the back seat.
ReplyDeleteThe last but one car Dad bought was a Mercedes-Benz. She was called Gretel and he drove her for close to twenty years. When she finally gave up, he bought a boring Ford, but the air conditioning worked and the turn signals worked and the radio worked, so he was not unhappy.
I must admit the Mercedes was a lovely car to drive - really nice to handle.
I did not know AI had to be purchased, I thought it was free. I never use it anyway. The car looks great in the picture.
ReplyDeleteWow... great car.
ReplyDeleteYou’ve presented it beautifully.
To top it all off, feel free to show the original photo too :-))