Saturday, March 11, 2023

On the Boil

After our fine breakfast of pancakes, french toast and sausages, all doused heavily with maple syrup, we took a gander around the boiler room. Despite the earliness of the season, the previous day must have been a good one for the sap flow, for it had been sunny and temperatures had risen above freezing. Whatever the case, one of the boilers was hard at work.

But first, I took a picture of Sue doing her project thing, which was to shoot through things.


I was keen to photograph the steam being emitted from the boiler. I took two photos: one of the whole scene and one more focused on the boiler.



At the time, I thought that I would prefer the closer photo, but in the end, I find myself favouring the wider photo. I guess it shouldn't surprise me, for I often prefer the more contextual photos.

13 comments:

Boud said...

Is this about making maple syrup? Are you still at the restaurant?

Suemn said...

That is a wonderful photo of Sue. Sue is always so fashionable!

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh good, you could still move about after the maple syrup feast. Just jealous a bit! Those boilers are amazing. I guess it's kind of open to see the syrup boiling/

Tom said...

Cool photos. Because we know: the syrup makes the pancakes.

Jeanie said...

That boiler is beautiful. Sue has fun projects!

Vicki Lane said...

Those are some amazing boilers!

Margaret said...

Sue knows how to dress! An elegant lady. I like the farther away photo too. It's a very pretty boiler.

RedPat said...

I like the wider shot too.

roentare said...

That looks like a steam engine in the 50s.

Wider shot looks the best

Red said...

Modern syrup making equipment is very shiny. So to meet all the safety requirements stainless steel does the trick.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Maybe I should try shooting though something.
Coffee is on and stay safe

William Kendall said...

A good photo subject.

Jenn Jilks said...

It seems as if Sue gets some great prompts!