Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Coffee Time Again

It's not hugely noticeable yet, especially this morning, but winter is on the wane. Assuming clear skies, the day are brighter and longer. And although the snow pile out front still reaches 7', for the most part, the streets and sidewalks are bare (but not this morning). 

Of course, winter isn't done with us. It will come back, most likely several times, kicking down the door and shouting, "And another thing . . ."

What I am getting around to telling you is that the brightness of the day beckoned us outside on Saturday.

Yes, it was once again time for coffee in the car by the river.

Don't we look pleased with ourselves?


I got out of the car for a few minutes to take this photo through a gap in the snowbank at the edge of the parking lot toward the abandoned Hawthorn factory in the background.


Then there is the tree — a tree for all seasons. With a snowbank between me and it, I was going to give it a miss this time around. But when I saw tracks leading to it, I reconsidered.



Despite the brightness, it was windy and cool, but we headed downtown anyway for a little stroll. That is for tomorrow me mateys.


18 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good to hear that you are having a break in winter weather as here in New England we are having a nir’easter. Yes, yiu both do look well pleased with yourselves.

Marie Smith said...

You have way more snow than we have though we are in for it over the next few days. The light is noticeably brighter now! Yay!

DJan said...

Beautiful blue sky, and along with the two lovelies in the snow!

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks for the teaser, as I await my coffee perking. Our light is also beautiful, but oh we have colder temps again. Shucks. Winter is sure scratching at the fence as she leaves.

Bindu said...

You two look very pleased with the coffee!

Vicki Lane said...

Such a beautiful tree!

Boud said...

You do enjoy your coffee by the river!

Margaret said...

I love coffee out too! Perhaps when it's not as snowy though.

William Kendall said...

Excellent shots!

Jenn Jilks said...

A great way to begin the day!

RedPat said...

It is so windy & cold here today that it sure doesn't feel like spring.

Jeanie said...

Boy, that's a lot of snow. It's beautiful. But boy, that's a lot of snow!

Tabor said...

While we have had a snowless winter, today is very very windy and bitterly cold. Another week or so and winter should be on its way.

Granny Sue said...

I like your tree. Lots of character in those branches, and I wonder who might have made those tracks? It is so hard to imagine so much snow, when we have had so little. A little sprinkle here and there, and gone in a minute.

Red said...

Spring is a big tease giving us nice weather and hope for "real" spring.

Debby said...

Bahhhaaahahhahaha! That mental picture of winter storming back in to bellow "And another thing..."

That's just about a perfect visual. We don't have 7 feet of snow in our yard, so I am counting my blessings, but honestly, we've had more winter in the last two weeks than we've had all winter.

Joanne Noragon said...

I agree, spring approaches. The days are longer.

Kay said...

I do love that wonderful photo of the two of you. I remember waiting till May for true spring in Illinois.