Thursday, December 06, 2018

Second Hockey Shoot

I knew that once I shot one game that I would continue, which is partly why I held off for quite a while. So, after photographing that tournament game on Friday, it was back to league action on Monday.

After a quick supper of turkey stew at their house (Yes, that broken stove stew!), we were off to a 6:30 game at the arena.

The game started as many do, with our boys being swarmed and hemmed in their own zone for perhaps the first five minutes. But they kept the puck out of their net and took over for the rest of the game, winning 6-1.

My shots were better than in that first game. They will never be terrific shooting through the think glass that is marked where the pucks hit it, but they do capture the essence of the action.

This is Jonathan in white reaching for the puck in the middle of the action.



A few other photos.





8 comments:

Shammickite said...

It's a great game. We are going to a Marlies game on Sunday. I'll take the camera.

Vicki Lane said...

Excellent action shots!

William Kendall said...

That last one is my favourite.

Marie Smith said...

Your action shots are great, AC.

Tabor said...

These are good and energetic. Tthey will make a nice book of photos for nostalgia for him someday

Mage said...

Yes, you have us all cheering at the last shot.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

WOW I felt like I had attended a hockey game, AC, after seeing this photo post and the previous one. There were some great action shots!

Jenn Jilks said...

What a wonderful family!