Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Water Power

The water is running pretty fast right now, so I went out to try to capture it. The problem is finding a decent and available spot. I went to the old railway bridge and shot upriver facing downtown. The light was pretty good even if I would have preferred some clouds in the sky.



Like many older towns Carleton Place was built around mills that took advantage of water power.

For the next shot I swung the camera tot he left and caught a bit of townhall.



It was fun to get out again. It was a long winter.

6 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

My town was built on water power, too. First the mills, then the Erie Canal. We here are so aware of the power of the river.

Mage said...

Boy it is moving right along. Here we are aware of drought and dryness everywhere. I love your water.

Kay said...

Just gorgeous! I could have used your help taking photos in Europe.

PipeTobacco said...

I always enjoy your images! Sometime if you care to, I would like to hear about your preferred equipment. I get kind of "geeked" talking about cameras. I ma not a good photographer like you, but I am trying to get a better eye for seeing what I can capture better. It is challenging for me to get a feel for seeing something artistically. I am so used to capturing clinically/biologically academic images, that it is a struggle to find and then capture "art" in my images.

Marie Smith said...

It sure was. Great photos, AC.

Jenn Jilks said...

Such a beautiful town. I love it.