Friday, May 18, 2018

Friday Fences

On Flickr, some people do a Fence Friday thing and tag it with HFF for Happy Fence Friday. While I don't necessarily make a habit of it, I want to play sometimes, so last evening I went out looking for a fence to shoot.

I had passed this property earlier in the day and thought it would make a good subject, particularly with that blossoming tree. And it does, even though there was no direct light on the place when I got there. I thought using the fence as a strong line would be a good composition, and I like it well enough.



I tried it in horizontal mode too, but I think I prefer the vertical, above.



The next part was unplanned, but we then drove about a bit. We don't have to drive far to be in the country here, and I found a few fence photo ops with some backlight. Not particularly compelling shots, but something for the HFF arsenal.



6 comments:

Christina said...

Nice fences, I also like the property. I think I might like living there.

Marie Smith said...

Great photos AC.

Silver in AZ said...

great fences; love the rustic one at the end. As I told hubby the other day, even though I love most modern decor, and minimalism too (not that you would know it to look at our home), there is something about a pop of rustic wood that just warms everything up.

Shammickite said...

I love looking at those old cedar rail fences. Lots of them in the farmland around here.

Joanne Noragon said...

I see a lot of that first fence around here. I love the split and whole log fences. The configurations are so appealing.

Jenn Jilks said...

I love fences! Well shot.