Friday, May 09, 2014

Windy May Day at the Mill of Kintail

Sue and John must have seemed a bit silly at the Mill of Kintail the other day. We went to take a few photos, but we also took a picnic lunch. Due to the weather, we had the whole place to ourselves. I especially doubted our sanity when we first exited the car and nearly got blown off our feet, but once we got down onto the deck (yellow fence near centre by building), it was sheltered and sunny enough.

This is the Indian River, which is still flowing at a good pace at this time of year. I took this shot from the footbridge.


 Still on the bridge, this is the river in the other direction.


Another shot of the river peeking past the corner of the building.


I also shot a few video clips. This is less than 40 seconds.


7 comments:

Dale said...

I envy you, John. I'd sure like to leave the stink and traffic of this crowded city for a more idyllic setting. That was our plan for retirement. But things change, don't they? Plans must be adjusted. I envy you, John. More than you know.

PS. Wish me luck today.

TexWisGirl said...

wow. that's just beautiful.

(and my heart went out to dale, above)

Gail Dixon said...

Wow, a beautiful place to have a picnic. Glad you got some sun and shelter to enjoy it. :)

Tabor said...

What a delightful place for lunch, even with the wind blowing your napkins all over the place.

EG CameraGirl said...

I love old mills and NOW I'm going to Google this place to see where it is!

ChrisB said...

That looks a beautiful spot. Great photos and loved the video :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Despite the windy conditions, you had a perfect day weather wise and with the Sue's company. And, like TexWis girl said, Dale's comment saddened me as well. It's not fun to be so place you dislike so much.