Friday, May 02, 2014

AC Gets Hopping

It has taken me almost 67 years, but I finally got around to making pancakes. I found this recipe from All Recipes in my inbox one day and eventually got around to trying it. It is called My-Hop Pancakes, so you know what it is attempting to simulate. I can't verify the results because (very sadly) we don't have IHops in the barren tundra (we do however enjoy iPods etc etc). I have visited a few times whilst in Les Etat Unis, but I have never tried the pancakes.

Anyway, it was such a monumental event that I took picies. Somehow, I missed the batter bowls, but otherwise, it's an A-Z. Alright, alright: stop nagging -- it was only E - M.

I have no excuse for missing the batter, but I did get the butter before smearing it on the pan.
Cooking with gas ... er ... electricity
One side is done. I didn't flip too neatly, eh?
Get out fine, local, Lanark County maple syrup
Pour copious amount of syrup
Go nom nom nom.

16 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Now I want some pancakes for breakfast! :)

Tabor said...

You just needed a bigger pan for that flipping. Hubby makes pancakes for us several times a month and I love it. Of course, anything tastes good with REAL maple syrup.

Gina said...

My kids love it when I make chocolate chip pancakes. Mmmmmm...

TexWisGirl said...

i like thick pancakes! :)

Mara said...

Salivating at this end of the pond! They look yummy. And perfection is highly overrated.

Lorna said...

Sue looks super-happpy!

Hilary said...

Oh yum! Especially the real syrup part.

Hilary said...

Well no.. that's not how I meant that. Especially the pancakes.. but even more so with real syrup. :)

Ruth said...

I am sure IHop doesn't serve real maple syrup. I made brownie from All Recipes last night (without the icing) They were very very easy and delicious...another good project.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-brownies/

Jinksy said...

And you get a yum yum from me too - I live Maple Syrup, but haven't had any for yonks, because of the high sugar content - but I can dream!

Gail Dixon said...

These look divine! Your wife is so smitten she's not even looking up to smile for the camera. Must be good!

Ginnie said...

The lovely picture of the 3 pancakes and "copious amounts of syrup" looks like an advert for
Ihop ! Is yours the no-calorie version ???

troutbirder said...

Neat shapes are NOT required for pancakes. Yours look mighty tasty and that's what counts the most...:)

Stewart M said...

My kids tell me my pancakes look like alien life forms, even if they taste OK!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Donna said...

Congratulations! That long hey?Hahaaa
Looke yummy...I butter them, sprinkle heavily, powdered sugar and sprinkle on lemon juice...fantastic!
hughugs

Hena Tayeb said...

that would be the day when my husband cooked me some pancakes.. he can make an egg but would never volunteer to do such a thing