Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Who's This?

I have some photos that I want you to identify.

Who's this?
Who's this?
Who's this?

If you were paying attention, you know that is me. If you were paying really close attention, you realize that the second picture is not me. But my oh my, doesn't he resemble me? A lot? We have a similar pattern of baldness, similar wrinkles around the eyes, similar beards, and we are of a similar age (I think).

We met, so to speak, on an internet social platform last week. He came across my site and was astounded by our similarity. I asked for photographic proof, so he sent me the middle photo, above. If I didn't know it wasn't me, I'd swear it was me. The likeness is uncanny.

That's why Sue and I headed to the Mill last week: to look for fenceposts, so that we could try to take photos similar to his. We didn't quite nail it, but close enough I guess. I think he was in a gate opening, and I couldn't find one, so the angles are a bit different.It was fun trying anyway.

I have put two of the photos side by side, below, just because I can.


What do you think?

16 comments:

RVVagabond said...

While I have heard it said that everyone has a double, it's not often that one has the chance to see one's own doppelganger. Uncanny likeness and fun photo shoot with you and your lovely wife.

troutbirder said...

Are you sure he's not your lost twin? Astonishing....;)

TexWisGirl said...

too funny! separated at birth...

Gail Dixon said...

Your long-lost twin? The resemblance really is uncanny!

Gail Dixon said...

Oops, just saw the other comment! Didn't mean to duplicate. :/

Donna said...

Brother? Twin???? Incredible likeness Ac!!! Is there a story here?
hughugs

Jimmie Earl said...

Wonderful shots of both. It is an astonishing likeness. Maybe in another life you were brothers! LOL!

Hena Tayeb said...

that is crazy..

Unknown said...

Can't fool me....

KGMom said...

I am late enough in commenting to not be original--I too thought: long lost twin.
Oh, well.
Now, are you off to find the other Sue?

EG CameraGirl said...

Amazing! You truly do look alike!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Curious as to whether the other you and you have thought about a meet up at a future time if that would be possible.

Mage said...

Oh delightful. If you had not a half smile and kept a straight face, I would have thought you him. Love your pictures...all of them.

Kila said...

Pretty close! Cool!

Hilary said...

Very cool. Not everyone gets to see their doppelganger. I did pause at that second photo though.. I thought maybe a brother.

Mara said...

Imagine meeting him in the street! That would be quite something.