Thursday, November 01, 2012

The Goldilocks House

The Goldilocks's and Three Bears' house at the Mill of Kintail


On one of the trails at Kintail, we come upon this little structure. I presume that it was once a playhouse of sorts. We have told Danica that it is the house of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. I think, even at her age, she is hardly convinced, however.

Inside there is a small loft accessed by slats hammered into the wall. I helped her climb the slats and stood back to take pictures. I didn't have much choice. She insisted.




Soon, we were back outside ... taking more pictures.


So endeth a sedate walk in the woods with my lethargic granddaughter. I tell everyone that if I ever need a transfusion, I want her to be the supplier. I think I might experience the greatest amount of energy that I've had in my whole life.


5 comments:

RVVagabond said...

This from the child who used to totally ignore the camera? She's a cutie.

KGMom said...

I have to chuckle at the Goldilocks house designation. I think it fits perfectly.
When I was working & driving our daughter to daycare, we would pass a house that I always called Red Riding Hood's house--to this day, the description sticks and I can use it as a geographic reference to tell our daughter about something.

Mara said...

I love that little house in the woods. It reminds me of a children's book I own by Julie Andrews Edwards (the actress), called Mandy about the girl Mandy who lives in an orphanage and one day finds a little cottage in the woods behind the orphanage. It's a great story and still makes me cry today if I read it.

Donna said...

What a Cute little cottage! Too bad it's not finished...
Nikki is just the Prettiest transfusion I've seen yet!
hughugs

Diana said...

I liked the house so much that I wouldn't mind having one for myself, no room though!
Boy she takes great photos, she really likes to pose!
Love Di ♥