Friday, July 18, 2008

Foto Friday



Above, Niks was looking out of the window from her change table. There may have been a bird out there. There is also the occasional bunny to be seen, and a ground hog put in an appearance this week. There's an undeveloped brush area out back, which no doubt accounts for the wildlife (although neither bunnies nor ground hogs seem terribly intimidated by humans.

Below, Niks loves to dance, or for me to dance her one might say. She snuggles right in and will stay that way for as long as I'm willing to dance. In fact, I can never seem to keep at it long enough to satisfy the wee one. When I stop it breaks her heart, which breaks mine in turn. But backs get a lot sorer than they used to, so three or four songs are just about my limit. As you will see if you play the clip, I am no dancer, but she is a most excellent follower. She is okay with whatever step I choose to make or whatever directions I choose to take.

15 comments:

Ruth said...

In a recent post title I used the word "motherhood" and then changed it to "parenthood" because I thought of you and Smudge. She is a sweet and lucky little girl.

Dora said...

It doesn't matter how you dance...it just matters that you do.
Oh that all children might experience that kind of love and activity in their early years. What a gift she is receiving.

Those are some of the most beautiful memories that you are making there....and I love that you share.
Dance On!

Heather Plett said...

She looks so comfortable and trusting in your arms. What a lovely grandfather/granddaughter image!

Amanda said...

Thats just lovely. She looks so content in her Grandpa's arms.
I like the song you were dancing to.

Janet said...

Both of mine will let their daddy dance them like that. The Queen used to let me, but she's so tall now it's harder.

Woman in a Window said...

Lovely photos and wonderful times. I lament that mine are too big to scoop up anymore. Enjoy that chest time.

nonizamboni said...

Happened upon your blog from 'Made in Heaven' and glad I did. Your dance with granddaughter made my day. Brought back memories and made me smile. Thanks!
p.s. Love 'Great Big Sky' too.

nonizamboni said...

oops! Make that 'Great Big Sea.'
:O)

Donna said...

How Wonderful! I Love the photo!! You are Good!!
The video:.....Hahahaha...I kept waiting for her to fall asleep! Her little eyelids were drooping at one point...then I kept wondering when you were going to hit your head on the light fixture!!lolol...You're Good!...Sidestepped, Every time! Happy weekend friend!hughugs

Ginnie said...

This will be one of her favorite memories in years to come. I can still remember being about 5 and standing on the tops of my Dad's feet as he whirled me about dancing.

JunieRose2005 said...

Oh!!


I just loved watching this! I remember how wonderful it was to do that!


Junie

Kila said...

Aww, now that's the best video I've seen in a long time! I hope she sees this someday when she's older!

I remember dancing with my boys, but I didn't do as well as you!

Lorna said...

Not to pontificate, or anything, but Smudge should have some wonderful memories, and she should definitely get to watch the video and hear the story later....

Anonymous said...

Happiness is....

Beverly said...

ah, the dancing with the baby. One of the pleasures of babies. I call it "den dancing"