Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bean or Daub?

Here we go again! It was just about two years ago that Thesha told us that Smudge was on the way. It had been a long process to get her in the oven, but it has been oh so worth it!

Then, just a few weeks ago, we were notified that Miracle #2 had occurred, this time almost spawned itself as it were. Once Smudge cleared the path, it was almost as though Bean was conceived without thought or effort. Ho hum.

Although we've known for some weeks, of course, we have been obliged to keep it quiet until the magical twelve-week checkup and ultrasound could be completed. And here is Bean's first photo. Cute, eh?


Seems to waving a hand at us. But do I also detect a sticking-out of the tongue?

Since the Smudge moniker has been taken, Bean seems to be the nickname for grand #2, although I am playing around with Daub as an alternative. We expect to hear Bean or Daub's first wail early in February.

Any thoughts on the nickname? Which do you prefer, or do you have any other suggestions?

17 comments:

KGMom said...

YIPPEEEE for you and Cuppa.
And Smudge--she'll be a good big sister to whomever.

Amanda said...

Congratulations!!!
Thats great news! I hope your daughter keeps well during her pregnancy. I like Bean :)

Mara said...

I called a friend's baby 'frog', since it was the size of a frog when she told me about it. But of the two you had I prefer Bean!

ChrisB said...

Congratulations..like the others Bean would be my choice

Ruth said...

How exciting! I like the artist theme, Smudge and Daub, but Bean does have a distinctive sound.

Heather Plett said...

Congrats! I'm with the others - partial to Bean.

Donna said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! And it's ...Miss Bean...hughugs

Ginnie said...

You're going to have a busy, hectic household....what fun. And I, too, opt for "Bean". I don't even know what "Daub" means but it doesn't sound child-like to me.

Judy said...

Oh! Thrills! Delight! I am SOOO happy for your family!

A sibling to rival with!

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy for all of you. :-)

Kila said...

Wow, Congratulations!!

I like Bean. Or Smudge and Smidge :)

dabrah said...

What lovely news. Bean is a great name.

Woman in a Window said...

I think that baby's rapping. That looks like a very jive hand up in the air. Just saying...

Jules said...

Wow - I go on vacation for a week and look at all the excitement I missed :)

I am so happy for you guys - it's going to be wonderful to have another little one around and I know Smudge will be a wonderful big sister.

As for the names, I'm partial to "Bean" because Rachel's nickname while I was pregnant was "Lil Bean" (Natalie was "Lil Sprout")

Congrats again - so happy for you & the family!

Ginger said...

Woo-hoo! I just got back from suffering in the rain in the mountains, and I see this news as I'm catching up on blog-reading. Congrats to you all.

Janet said...

That is an excellent ultrasound photo. Most aren't that clear.
I like Bean. But then we called ours Elroo and Junior. We didn't know the gender until their births, but I knew the whole time that Elroo was a girl and Junior was a boy. I only told the Mountain Man though.

I've been away from the computer since Last Monday, so I'm trying to catch up today.

JunieRose2005 said...

Oh, my goodness!!

I was away and am just now catching up with your posts!!

Another little baby on the way!!! :):) Happy news!

I like Bean...but it would probably end up being 'Beanie' with me!


Congrats!!!


Junie