Thursday, July 10, 2008

After the Match

Althegal reads our blogs regularly, but she seldom comments: never on the blog and very rarely in any other way. It's just the way it is. But she happened to be emailing Cuppa the other day after my tennis blog, and she expressed great surprise that I missed the most important aspect of the whole tennis thing: The Super Big Gulp! Her exacrt words: "And, tell Dad that I can't believe he got through an entire post about tennis with Mike and didn't once mention Big Gulps! They were so integral to the game ritual."

So here's the scoop.

After our matches Mike and I would almost always stop at 7/11 for one of those humongous drinks. They went down so well after a few hours of straining and sweating. In fact, we probably could have probably consumed two each.

He usually drove, and when he pulled into my driveway to let me off, he'd start a countdown: 10 - 9 -8 ... And wouldn't Aldee come flying out the door before he reached zero and grab the remainder of my drink from me.

She was a darn cute kid. Still is. Here's to you, kid.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Nothing gets past the kids...LOL...Big Gulps at the 7-11....same here!!!hughugs

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad your daughter reminded you of that story!

megz_mum said...

Enjoyed your tennis/table tennis story

Woman in a Window said...

Ha! Kids calling parents on how things really go down! Kind of scary when I think too much on it.

Anonymous said...

My son is the same.. I know he often reads my blog.. but, like your Althegal, he rarely lets on. Occasionally he lets it slip about something or other and I inwardly smile. I kind of like to know he is keeping tabs. :-)