Saturday, January 15, 2005

Red-Breasted Nuthatch

The two-day rain stopped on Friday; the temperatures went down; and, the sun came out. We were eager to seize the opportunity to try to take more bird-in-the-hand photos. It didn't take long for them to light on Cuppa's hand. We had numerous chickadee visits, and I'm sure that I will post plenty of those, but I thought I would begin by sharing two more photos of the wondrous, solitary nuthatch. She and Cuppa are each having a good, long look at each other in this photo.



I think the next picture is great too. The nuthatch was the only bird who was comfortable enough with the situation to turn her back on Cuppa. What a brave and great little bird!



 

1 comment:

timx said...

I would not have believed it. In UK you wouldn't get within 20 yards of a nuthatch!