Saturday, April 27, 2019

Dam It All

When I photographed the rushing water on Sunday, there was one location that I missed — the dam. You can see it in this photo that I posted previously, but I was at a fair distance. (Actually, you only see the edge of the dam to the extreme right.)



Thursday morning was overcast, so it seemed like a good day to try some more smooth water shots. I think they would be more difficult on a sunny and high contrast day.

Here are 3 shots that I liked well enough, and I really liked the third, which I converted to mono. I like the way the lines came out. They were all taken at 1/4 to 1/6 of a second.





I did take one other shot which I don't mind. I shot all of the way across the river to try to capture the water action in front of the building. After cropping a fiddling a bit, this 0.3 second exposure seemed to be acceptable.


5 comments:

Shammickite said...

I'm hearing a lot on the news about the flooding in your area, so I hope you stay dry. Very windy last night, and this morning there's a skittering of SNOW on my deck!!!!!

Mage said...

You all just stay safe.

troutbirder said...

I live near one of several towns in our county that claim to the best town by a damn site. Though another one claim to the the sink hole capitol of North though it still standing in the original site and hasn't disappeared yet.....

Jenn Jilks said...

There is too much rushing water out there!
You might as well photograph it!

Jenny Woolf said...

That is nice, the pictures give a real feeling of the movement, I can almost hear it.