Saturday, December 31, 2005

Winter Makeover

I have decided that a fresh winter template is in order, so here it is. Don't let the odd title fool you. The blog is still called Raindrops, but I'm hiding the real title in order to be cutesy. I have posted it at the top of the sidebar to try to avoid confusion, but I don't suppose that will work all that well to newcomers or regulars who happen to miss this message. Maybe I should leave this at the top for a few days?


We're off to Riverwood in the morning: Riverwood being the name that our inlaws have given to their forested property on the Canadian Shield. A small river runs along one boundary: forest + river = Riverwood. We're only going for a few days this time, but we hope to spend up to a month there during the winter. We enjoy snowshoeing through the woods and on the frozen river. The photo background in the header above was taken there last winter.


If I don't post again between now and then, I officially wish you a Happy New Year. But I might post something because we do have internet access there — albeit incredibly slow access.


 

16 comments:

Rhonda Gibson said...

I for one will miss you while your gone, so if at all post while you're there... I'm not selfish. Really!

Love the winter look!!!

Ginger said...

Not to worry; I recognized you right away.

Have a lovely time!

Melodee said...

Happy New Year to you, too!

Dale said...

Love the new look, AC. Very fresh. Very crisp. Oh, and the word of the day? I know that one! I know that one!

Rainypete said...

Happy New year AC. I'm off to drink some nice hot coffee as your new template makes me all chilly.

Anonymous said...

Your winter template is absolutely beautiful. I LOVE the winter 'blues'.
Riverwood sounds lovely. I have spent a lot of time in the Canadian Shield... a real Canadian treasure.
Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year.

Gina said...

I like the new look as well, although I have to say I don't recognize you in the least from your photo.

Happy 2006 to you and Cuppa!

Bonita said...

Enjoy your trip - and I wish you and Cuppa and the family the best for the new year.

Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

You are just having way too much fun with the code now, Anvil :).

Enjoy and stay warm, Happy New Year!

thebeloved said...

I like the title at the top... same theme, new humor. Makes me laugh. Thanks!

PBS said...

Love your new look! Blue is my favorite color.

mreddie said...

Like the new template and blue is my favorite color too, except when it's on my fingers from the cold. ec

oceanskies79 said...

Have a good time at Riverwood. I like the blue template. =)

Iona said...

Happy New Year to you and your whole family as well. Have a great time in Riverwood. (Nice name, it sort of sounds very fantasy-like. Something out of L.O.T.R. or something)

Anyway, small question,... how can you already post something on Monday January 2nd...while it's Sunday morning with me now. It should be just after midnight in January first with you at this moment that I write this..
Did you set the date/time zone wrong in your Blogger settings?

Tom.... said...

as you frequently change your template, you may be able to give me advice...do you lose sitemeter, ads if you have any, links, etc...or do they come along for the ride...I am thinking of using a blogger template, nothing major...any help would be appreciated...
Tom

Matthew May said...

Beautiful New Design! I love it. :)