Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Portraits of my Smiter

This may come as news to you, but I must confess to being totally smitten with Nikki Dee. I love to take her picture, but it's not always easy because unlike her brother she has never been very prone to play up to the camera. Oh, I get some fine shots from time to time, but when I do, I feel that I must share them for all of the world to see. So, when I was able to grab these pictures at the cottage last week, they begged to be blogged. And who am I to disregard a begging photo?

The first is my fave, I think, but I love them all. Sometimes, not posing and not smiling for the camera is a good thing.

Nikki Dee at Riverwood

Nikki Dee at Riverwood

Nikki Dee at Riverwood

Nikki Dee at Riverwood

Sweet dreams, kid.

Nikki Dee at Riverwood

9 comments:

  1. The far away look of a daydream in the first ties so beautifully with the other kind of dream in the last...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:03 am

    She certainly resembles you. We will have to see if she is partial to fiddling. I like the big hat pictures, particularly the second last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ac, these absolutely, take my breath away...they say So much...
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:20 am

    She is so beautiful A/C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful kid and beautifully photographed. I am particularly impressed with the skin tones in the first shot. Wonderful.
    We need a besotted grandparents' club, hmm?

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so beautiful AC. I certainly can't blame you for posting them!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. All are beautiful photos of Smudge, you should be proud. I love them all but favor the "big hat" look.....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a wonderful subject in Nikki Dee, AC, and as a proud grandfather you are certainly obliged to take and share all photos and not smiling is not always a bad thing either. Love the sleeeping one best = very peaceful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, especially love the last photo.

    ReplyDelete