Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's the Socks that Kill

Grampa's Girl

For whatever reason, my back is spasming today, so I'm lying low — so to speak. It started last weekend, but didn't get too bad, as far as back attacks go, until last night. In fact, up until then I had thought this one was quite tolerable — relatively benign as it were. But it kept getting a bit worse as the week progressed, and now it isn't good at all. I don't know why it has to get really bad before it can get better, but that seems to be the way of it. It's a sore trial (so to speak) to get up and down, and when I'm up I must move gingerly. When the back is bad, the very worst thing is putting on socks. But I must because it's winter, and my feet are silly enough that I tend to require them even on the hottest day of summer. Yes, I agree, I'm a strange duck.

There's not much to do. I could read, but since I am fairly comfortable in my computer chair, I've decided to do some Tenth Month Nikki-Dee pictures. Perhaps, I could be accused of narcissism by featuring just her and me in this collage, but I don't think so. I just saw a bunch of photos of the two of us that I rather liked and thought I might as well make a collage with a theme. I'll totally leave myself out of the next collage. Promise.

Now, could somebody please help me with the socks?!

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Darling. Just adorable. I must say - you do 'collage' well, AC.

Gosh. I'll bet that sweet Cuppa could be sweet-talked into getting those toes cozy.

ChrisB said...

I would ditto what cathy has said your collages are so good.

Hope your back eases soon, you need one of the sock aids! video

Donna said...

She's going to be So thankful for these one day!! Precious!...and you know how II feel about Chiropractors...they could fix that pesky back problem..Hope you feel better Soon!!! Sending some healing to you!

Pam said...

I have been remiss in commenting, a touch of cabin fever I would guess. Sorry to hear about your back, I have friends whose backs spasm and I have seen their pain. Heal quickly, spring is coming!

I couldn't get your collage to come up, just that little square with a red X. in Aargh!

Anonymous said...

I love the collages you have made. What a wonderful idea. I just may do the same with my next grandchild as I am already too aware of how quickly these little ones grow up.

And as for the socks, I wish I could help but have little in the way of advise... except for perhaps, slip-on slippers while in the house. I hope your back is feeling better soon. I know all too well how debilitating this can be.

JunieRose2005 said...

I love the pictures of you and your baby girl!

I hope your back will soon be better.

I have that trouble sometimes, too, and usually can't even figure out what brought it on!


Junie

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I know what you mean about putting on your socks. Hold the back of your sock with a pair of pliers. This makes your arm longer and you can get your toes in the sock.

I just stopped wearing socks. They pull off every time I take my outdoor boots off.

mreddie said...

I do remember the trials and tribulations of trying to put on socks after my back surgery - no fun. The collage is great!! ec

Turtle Guy said...

Best advice I can give is: go see your chiropractor. They're gods, truly they are.