Thursday, March 31, 2005

Q&A 1

I received a questionnaire from Dale last week. I don't think it's exactly like the interviews which have been making the rounds lately, but I thought that I would make use of some of the question: not all of them because fifty is too much for both you and me to handle. I'll most likely publish several groups of three over the next few days. Feel free to respond to any or all of the same questions.


Do you trust others easily? I tend to be a trusting sort of person, and I wonder how many veterans of thirty years of teaching wars can say that. Actually, I found that if you treat kids with respect and consideration that they generally reciprocate, and I think that's true for people in general. I can't say that I have ever been maliciously hurt or abused due to my trusting nature. On the other hand, I think that I am also blessed with a certain degree of discernment that offers some protection.


What class in school do you think is totally useless? Probably none. All subjects can contribute to your knowledge and/or skills in some way. Although I took college fairly seriously, up until then I was not exactly a high achiever. I wish I had been; it was my loss.


Have you ever been in a mosh pit? Wrong guy in the wrong era for that question. I was brought up in the church and didn't follow the current music scene when I was a kid. Even then, I think that mosh pits are a later development for the most part. I have been to a concert where there was a mosh pit. It was a Great Big Sea concert. GBS is a celtic type of band that I have seen classified as Celtic Rock although I would just cast them as exuberant and entertaining. I attended this concert only a few years ago, at an age when someone is rather unlikely to bounce around giddily in a pit of any sort — unless it possibly be the pit of despair, and then I doubt that I would be giddy.


 

1 comment:

A said...

Do you trust others easily? I'd have to say I think I trust others at the appropriate time for the relationship... meaning, I don't think I trust too easily or not easily enough. I don't give over complete trust immediately, but I also won't withhold it, I just allow it to develop as it does.

What class in school do you think is totally useless? None!! I agree with you on this one, AC.

Have you ever been in a mosh pit? Um, No.

Cool questions, bring 'em on, AC. :-)