Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Night Exposure from the Back Porch

The Garage

I think these will be my last two photos of last weeks trip to the cottage. Both versions are the same basic time exposure from the back porch of the cottage, and in both cases, in order to give it more life, I doctored the photo somewhat with an artistic filter or two. I also cropped the bottom version and applied something known as The Orton Effect, which basically uses blurring to hopefully give it a dreamlike quality. The technique probably wasn't terribly well suited for this photo, but one experiments and sometimes learns.

The Garage

6 comments:

Donna said...

I hope you continue to do the photographs! And yes, there is a dream like quality to the second one! Beautiful.....

JunieRose2005 said...

WOW!!


I love them both but think #1 is my favorite of the 2!

I have enjoyed your snowy pictures very much!

Thanks for putting them on.


Junie

KGMom said...

I too have been trying to take a night exposure photo--of the lunar eclipse. Not an easy thing to do. Not much success, I fear.

Pearl said...

Love the effect. It feels like it really feels, esp the first one of the barn.

Ruth said...

I really like the lighting and detail in the first picture. The second is like a part of a painting, interesting as well.

Anonymous said...

So far I have had very little luck with night time exposures.. but am hoping that will improve when I get my new camera. I love your photos.. the colour of the barn is so rich.