Thursday, October 08, 2026

Those Blasted Details

It drives me crazy. I drive me crazy. 

The lack of attention to details.

At the grocery store, I was about to grab vanilla ice cream off the freezer shelf for Thanksgiving pie this weekend when I spied a salty caramel and vanilla bean concoction off to the side. Because Sue likes those sorts of flavours more than she does plain vanilla, my hand altered its course and reached for the caramel.

When I got home, Sue informed me that it was yogurt and not ice cream.

Ordinarily, I think it would probably be a good dessert, but I am skeptical about having it on apple pie for Thanksgiving. And with the dog coming, along with five weeks worth of frozen food, we don’t have the room for extras in the freezer 

So back went I to the store, wondering why I don’t notice details. My head spends an inordinate of time in the clouds 

Meanwhile, we saw the heron on our trail walk. Or I should say that Sue spotted it, for I wouldn’t have noticed that little detail. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh those darned details. I have been known to daydream and do similar stuff...but not necessarily while grocery shopping.
    Perhaps you too are just a dreamer.

    ReplyDelete