Friday, February 07, 2014

JJ's Birthday Part 2

After supper, but before dessert (because who could wait?), it was time to open presents.

He struggled before getting help from Danica and daddy.

Skylanders! Yippee!

What a trophy to take home.

Hmmm .... what could be in this bag from Amma and Buppa?

One thing was a print of the Birthday Collage that I posted two days ago.
He might appreciate this long after Buppa lies a'mouldering.
No doubt, it is the only present that will have much of a lifespan.

All in all, it was a joyful kind of day.

For the second time in one day, JJ gets to blow out a candle, but this was on a real cake with a real 5.

Before heading home, we had a little, after supper visit. Both kids got some lap time with the old Bupster.
At this point, Danica was perusing JJ's new Skylanders book.
Lap times are the best times.
On the next day, we rested. :)

8 comments:

RVVagabond said...

You are fortunate to live close to the grands. Such wonderful memories you are creating although the kids might not appreciate them until years down the road. My grands are now too old for laptime. :(

TexWisGirl said...

(i'd have had cake first). :)

'john brown's body lies a moulderin in his grave' now i'll have that stuck in my head for a while...

Country Gal said...

Yup me to it is his B - day cake first lol ! Wonderful photos . Thanks for sharing . Is it spring yet ? more snow again here falling and wind a blowing . BLAH !! Have a good weekend !

Gail Dixon said...

Awwww, so sweet. Happy pair of young'uns.

Jimmie Earl said...

Such enjoyable times. My youngest grandson turns 1 the last day of this month. I suppose there will be a party with cake and ice cream and a whole gaggle of relatives present, along with friends of the family. Like I said, such enjoyable times! Thanks for sharing!

Chicken said...

Every single picture made me smile but I laughed out loud at the last photo on Part one of JJ's birthday:-).

Lorna said...

How come I've never heard of Skylanders? And they have a book!

Bernie said...

Adorable! I think JJ looks like his mum and Sue, xo