Friday, February 12, 2010

First Week Report

Near the end of our first week of daycaring, I am sitting quietly (for a change) and by myself (for a change). Cuppa took Nikki Dee to real daycare, and Zach went down for an early nap, so AC has a few minutes of peace and calm.

It's been a fairly hectic first week on the job. As it was about to begin, I posted that I wasn't feeling well. The worst, however, was yet to come. I spent all day Wednesday with a debilitating headache, the likes of which I have not experienced in my 62 years. Even Oxycodone (or whatever the name) didn't ameliorate it. Eventually, however, I think the Oxy did give me a decent night's sleep, and I have been a lot better ever since: though still not 100%.

The kids haven't been terribly well either, Nikki Dee having her worst day on the same day as my worst day. I wasn't much help to Cuppa then but she prevailed and is now enjoying a day off as a reward for going above and beyond the call of duty. She did come with me this morning to help get Nikki Dee ready for real daycare as it's the kid's Valentines party, and she needed to be dressed to the nines, and that seems to be beyond both Buppa and Daddy who both have troubles dressing her beyond the threes. We dithered about sending her to school today but decided that we might as well as she seems to enjoy it. Meanwhile, the clingy and fussy Zach fell asleep on my lap about an hour before official nap time, giving me this opportunity. Phew!

We are going home pretty well exhausted at night as we try to get used to this new schedule, which among other things involves both earlier mornings and bedtimes. That plus my low general energy level has left me too poopdicated to thinking about posting anything here. While this is nothing more than a review of mundane events (not my preferred style), it's about all that my somewhat depleted reserves can marshall. Perhaps, I should nap while the boy does the same. I don't know how long he'll be down as he keeps coughing and spluttering in there. Poor thing.

Of dear, he seems to have wakened himself.


Mara said...

Oh my, hopefully you and the little ones will feel better real soon! And if you're anything like me: I will be in the grips of this cold for almost three weeks now!!!

Bernie said...

A/C I do hope you and the children feel better soon....I hope you have seen a doctor if only to reinforce that you have a cold. It's important that you take care of yourself before you can take care of others. Be well my friend, hugs to the children....:-) Hugs

Diana said...

Better you than me AC. I don't have the energy on a normal day to do all that sitting let alone being sick while doing it. God Bless you and Cuppa!
Love Di

Donna said...

Oh, Ac!! I'm so sorry the first week back has been a hard one...It's made tougher when one feels so bad!! Thank Goodness for Cuppa!
Get Some Rest!!!

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

You might have more energy for looking after the young one if you took a different "Oxy" drug. Try oxytocin, the cuddling drug. I used to give this to my first time cows to make them feel more motherly so they would look after their calves better.

I have had one or two lady friends I would have like to have given it
to. :) It is the ultimate Valentine gift.