Thursday, November 22, 2007

In Google ...

In my last post, I presented you with several photos while lamenting the fact that my blog template (of the old fashioned variety) didn't support Blogger's new slideshow function. However, there is sometimes than one way to skin a cat overcome an obstacle. And, of course, it is yet another Google service that comes to the rescue. I have found that one can use Google Photos (aka Picasa Web Albums) to accomplish the same task. You upload your photos, select Embed Slideshow and cut and paste the code they supply into your post. What could be simpler?

It's free too. I wonder why my paid Flickr account can't produce similar code?

Everybody chant with me: "In Google We Trust."

These photos are all from our recent trip to the cottage. Some of them you have already seen. Expect more at a later date because I haven't yet processed and uploaded all of the photos from this shoot.



By the way, I believe everyone who has a Blogger account has access to a free Picasa Web Album. I am proof that you don't require Picasa to use it. I upload pictures to the web album the same way that we upload them to Blogger.

8 comments:

Kila said...

Very cool! I haven't tried that yet.

Great photos :)

Lorna said...

I love Picasa and Google---very trustworthy, I'm chanting.

Ruth said...

Love the slideshow!!What a great way to post a number of pictures. I used to have ++ trouble with uploading pictures to Blogger and I opened a Picasa account, but found that difficult too. Then I switched my web browser to Firefox and all my problems disappeared!

Pam said...

Excellent shoot, AC, I like all of your pictures but find myself drawn to your close-ups. They are beautifully done and captivating.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Nice slideshow of your litte corner of "God's Country".

I used picasa to create the slideshow of the log cabin located in my sidebar.

Strange Flickr would do it.

Anonymous said...

I loved the slide show. What a great way to show a sampling of photos.

But now you have me wondering too.. just why does flickr not have this kind of program. Hmmm...

Julia said...

brilliant photos - I am sorry I haven't been by your blog in a while - but am glad I came by today lots of lovely uplifting pics!

karla said...

Gorgeous photos AC!