For those who are smudged-out, I offer this meme as a change of pace. Regularly scheduled smudge-programming will resume shortly but only for a while as we will soon be separated from the lil darlin for three weeks.
And so ...
1) I was quite a good teacher. It wasn't easy for me, but I worked hard at it, and most students liked and respected me. It was a grind for me, however, and I am loving retirement.
2) While I must confess to having a temper of sorts, I manage to keep under the threshold most of the time to the extent that most people might not suspect that I had a temper. In fact, I don't know if it's really temper as such, but I get exasperated and frustrated easily.
3) Sometimes, I can get moody and I feel down but not often and the feeling generally passes quickly. Generally speaking, I feel good about life.
4) For me, it's important to live with a woman who isn't a demanding nitpicker, and I do. I need a peaceful habitat, and I do live in one. Thanks Cuppa, my dear.
5) While I am competent at any number of things, I can't think of anything that I excel at. I often wonder how it would feel to be really, really good at something. If I could pick one thing to be good at, I might pick singing. But it ain't gonna happen, folks.
6) I have only won one trophy in my life. As a mature adult, I joined a chess club for about six months and won (in a draw) first place — it was a smallish club, eh. Apart from that, I have only won two ribbons or crests in my lifetime: one for tennis as an adult and one for jumping over benches (like hurdles) in field day in elementary school. In the weirdness of life, however, when I coached softball (in the community) and chess (in high school) my teams frequently either won or came close.
7) Like Chani (where I got this meme), I am poor at small talk. Sometimes, when I am in a social situation where small talk is the order of the day, I pretty well check out and don't even bother trying.
8) I'm the world's worst handyman, and I have no interest whatsoever in that sort of thing. These days, hanging a picture would be problematic for me. Oddly enough, that isn't an exaggeration.
Feel free to pick this meme up ... or not.