Wednesday, March 29, 2006

An Odd Duck

I'm a bit of an odd duck, I suppose. If you look at the times when I post my blogs, you will see that I almost alway publish on the hour or half hour. When I don't manage that, the final digit is still usually a zero. Only seldom do I forget. I think I have posted 29 times this month, and all but three have had a zero as the final digit.


Obviously, I can't really be hitting the Create Post button so precisely every day, but I am compulsive enough to almost always remember to adjust the time of the post. To me, 10:40 looks much better than 10:39, and 10:30 looks better than 10:40, and 11:00 looks better than 10:30. Yeah, 11:00 really looks good. And so, I make the adjustments manually.


I described this predilection as compulsive in the above paragraph, but I don't know if that's right or not. When I walk on sidewalks I may want to touch the next crack with my left foot if I have just touched a crack with my right toe. And I have sometimes found myself touching an object with my left hand if I have just touched it with my right. I don't do this balance-it-out-thing as much as I used to, but it hasn't left me completely. Is that compulsive, or is it something else?


 

12 comments:

Gina said...

I plead the 5th. ;)

Dale said...

Compulsive, AC. Not obsessive, probably. But compulsive. Weird? Yeah. But we all have our little quirks.

*** (See?)

Sue said...

Definitely weird. But harmless ;-)

Anonymous said...

I bet if we were all being honest, we could all list a few weird quirks.. I know I have a couple :-).

Judy said...

I had a lot of issues with even numbers and with touching things equally. Then, I started taking Paxil to prevent migraines and those compulsions went away.

Well, almost.

I still can never eat just one cookie!

megz_mum said...

As Dale said, we all have our little quirks. Mine involves hanging out the washing - everything has to be in the right groups, undies, socks etc, and I re-arrange so a lone sock can be with his friends!

mreddie said...

Just know that we accept you just the way you are. :):) I find my quirks to be very interesting, plus I never know what I'll come up with next. ec

Granny said...

When I first started with granny, a commenter mentioned that I "counted" things. I didn't realize it but I do.

I also keep my spices in alphabetical order. Is that compulsive, efficient, or lazy?

PBS said...

Yes. But doesn't everyone do stuff like that? I hope so, because I do!

karla said...

I vote harmlessly compulsive :)

I have a tendency to deliberately try to annoy the cumpulsive habits of people in my family. For example, I never grab a seperate utensil to dip in the jam jar after spreading peanut butter on my toast. It drives my mom bananas! Or stirring my coffee with the "dry" sugar spoon...hee hee...sends her through the roof.

Hubby hates when toothpaste tubes that have been squeezed anywhere but the bottom. I like to squeeze from the middle.

Perhaps I am compulsively annoying?

Lora said...

Thanks! Now I'm going to start rounding out the numbers on my posting times. I too have a slightly compulsive streak.

Melodee said...

I think it's endearing.