Monday, February 06, 2017

Happy Birthday JJ

JJ turned 8 years old this past weekend, but our part of the family will be celebrating today.

This is the front (and back) of the card that I made.


The inside. (The block on the lower right is for our written signatures.)


I make a card every year. I hope someone is saving them.

I have also been doing yearly collages for the past few years in which I try to capture various activities and expressions since his last birthday. Here is this years version.


I anchored the collage with the climbing photo on the right and scattered various photos to the left. I had to include a bicycle shot since learning to ride was a notable accomplishment last year. There are winter and summer shots and indoors and outdoor shots.

He's a good and fun kid.

9 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Happy birthday to your wonderful grandson. Great work with the card and collage!

Tabor said...

this is a great card and I hope he tucks it away in a file!!

Silver in AZ said...

such a special and talented grandpa!

Kay said...

Oh my gosh! This is just so very awesome! I certainly hope they are keeping every single card too. They are all treasures.

Mara said...

Happy birthday JJ. Hope you have a great day with lots of presents.

Shammickite said...

Happy Birthday to him! Great pictures and I love the collage idea. I'd love to be able to do that but no idea how it could be accomplished.

MARY G said...

He can't be eight. Oh no! Wht a great collage. I started to make a collage for our ED when she turned 50, but I ended up with a book to cover as many aspects as possible. The YD turns the same age this summer and I am thinking I better start NOW collecting and scanning as she has an even greater range of activities. Good thing I only have two kids,
Update on grandkid. Out of the cast and back to impact allowed on the elbow, but she has a lot of muscle to regain.

Kathleen's Blog said...

WOW!!!
What fabulous gifts you are creating. These things will be simply priceless as years crept by.

I hope you don't mind, but I have to borrow your wonderful idea!!!!! Our grand-daughter turns one in ten days - I have a lot of work to do this weekend :)

Great post---and Happy Birthday to that "grand" boy you guys have there!!

Jenn Jilks said...

Isn't is fun sharing their birthdays?!