Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Holiday Train

It came to town last Saturday evening. A faint light appeared down the track and got brighter and brighter until the rest of the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train came into view. They told that it had more than a million lights, but I lost count after the first hundred thousand.



Happy faces greeted its arrival, and even the kids got all excited.




They rolled down the sides of the stage car, and the concert began. This was the first guy, and I don't remember his name. He was followed by well known performers: Wide Mouth Mason and then Lisa Brokop. She was here in the summer too for Riverside Jam.



My favourite kid-at-heart was in the Christmas spirit. With events like this going on, who wouldn't be?



Of course, Cuppa has posted more photos on her blog.

13 comments:

Mary said...

i wish the holdiday train came through guelph!

nice pics. looks like you guys had a nice time....i'm loving this winter weather....

yay christmas!

Anonymous said...

Ah! that time of year again! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW...is the only word that popped into my mind when I saw these pics. Looks like you had a fabulous time.

Turtle Guy said...

Ah, some of what we live for... precious, relaxing, fun times! I love the colourful, festive page, AC!!

PBS said...

Beautiful photos! We have a holiday train too. I didn't see it actually running, but sitting at the depot covered in bright Christmas lights.

Dale said...

Another reason to scorn CN. They'd never consider spending money on a train like that. No profit in that, is there? Clearly, CP does see the 'profit' in it. Good for them! And good for you, AC. Glad you two had a fun evening.

Oh. One more thought.

If it were my train, I'd call it the Christmas Train. It is the Christmas season, after all. Yeah. CHRISTmas.

"Holiday" train. Pfff.

But at least they're trying. And that's more than Canada's other railroad is doing.

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Looks like another world. LOL


Peace,

~Chani

Anonymous said...

Oh my.. this sounds and looks like so much fun. I am smiling just reading about it.

Kila said...

Sounds like a great time and a must-see!

mreddie said...

Beautiful lights, happy faces, that does make for a great Christmas. ec

Leann said...

I love the pic,s they are soooo pretty.I love the christmas time anyway.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, Anvilcloud! I wish I could have been there! It looks magical!

Anonymous said...

Bright lights and adults finding their inner child, now that's Christmas!

Thank you for your comment. I use Photoshop CS2 but still have so much to learn. It will take some time, the book is bigger than the NYC phone book! When I get lost on that program I switch back to Photoshop 2.0 to carry me through.