Monday, October 05, 2026

Fall and Hydrangeas

We did our Sunday walk to Dark & Deadly. When I say, usual, it is not habitual, but when we do go, it may very well be on a Sunday.

Opposite the cafe is little copse if that isn't too grand a word. At this time of year, it looks like a nice autumnal corner. It is just behind one of those bigger pharmacies that are more than just pharmacies, but you would never know it from this side.

Pleasant, isn't it?



Soon after, we drove over to Sha's to store some things in her freezer since the dog is coming with frozen meals for five weeks. Unfortunately, her freezer is kaput; somehow, Sue is figuring it out.

We also discussed Thanksgiving, which is next Monday. Danica will be home for it. I love turkey with all of the trimmings. Sue and Shauna like it, but the kids are meh. So, we're not going to do it: maybe for Christmas, maybe not. Sha will make lasagna. We'll have apple pie and ice cream and whatnot.

I'll drop another picture, this one from Saturday on the trail. I stopped by a hydrangea. It's an amalgam of two photos: one of the scene and another as a person walked through it. The person photo wasn't as well composed, so dropped him into the scene photo. No AI required for that except for a little blending help in the end. The person adds a point of interest in my opinion; some would say that he anchors the scene.


Oh here's a photo of the same fence and hedge from the other direction and from around the corner. It is from earlier last week when Sue was out for coffee with a friend, and I walked alone. There was not a lot of colour looking in that direction and at that time.






19 comments:

  1. Love the mixture of colours. Very soothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s always turkey for me for Thanksgiving. Turkey with all the trimmings, and finished off with my mom’s pumpkin pie recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pink hydrangeas. My white ones are now green (which I love, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you about the guy walking along the path. Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful catch of flowers at peak and then a bit gone, but the trees have turned in the latter shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The copse is beautiful, as are the other pics.
    Putting the guy in does make the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dog sitting for 5 weeks, that's going to be fun to follow. The changing leaf color is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You inspire me with talk about Thanksgiving, which is next month for us. What should we eat?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanksgiving next Monday? oh wait, you're in Canada!
    That copse is beautiful, all the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know I have written this before, but it is so pretty there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting add of the person walking. Now, if we could just turn his coat red. ??? Fall colour coming on strong here; too bad you have already done Wheelers, but there is the ice cream at Balderson, yes?
    Kids who make you dog sit, I guess you love them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful hydrangea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The combination of colors is stunning. The mix of the scene and the man walking works well. I like turkey and lasagne! That sounds like a meal that anyone would be thankful for. Hope the freezer is working now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You found lots of color and great shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That last photo looks like a gardening book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love the mix of colours in those trees.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A dog showing up with five weeks of frozen meals is quite the luggage. Hope Sue gets that freezer sorted. Nice little copse too, hiding behind a pharmacy.
    https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful walk!
    I always made lasagna for our Thanksgiving meal since I am not a fan of turkey.

    You also had amazing light for your photos!

    ReplyDelete