Sunday, August 02, 2026

The Frisbee Event

Yesterday, we came across a border collie chasing and catching a frisbee in the park. Using a phone in telephoto mode is definitely not the best instrument to catch a dog jumping and catching a frisbee, but I got one okay-ish result after many ill-timed efforts.


When I got home, I cropped and eliminated distractions. While the action and distance renders the subject is a  little bit fuzzy, I am happy enough with the outcome.


I did take a couple more photos, and I decided to incorporate two others with the catch, above, into one composite.


Both the event and the edit were fun.



17 comments:

  1. Wonderful efforts, both ways. So glad you're back here on my screen today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fun he was having! You captured it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one aspect I miss most about my dSLR is the ability to zoom and get decent photos with high resolution. But that feeling only comes a couple times a year at best so I don't act upon it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Border collies are real athletes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that dog. great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love watching dogs catch Frisbees. Mari couldn't be bothered. She's so old and lazy now that she won't even chase a laser pointer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots. Border Collies need this type of exercise, they have so much energy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun event! Great photos! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. May I suggest you add some wings? Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fun for all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joyful dogs make my day! I think the photo turned out quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Border collies are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those shots. I had a mixed breed dog of Lab and Samoyed who was a frisbee nutcase.
    Border Collies are so athletic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your action shots. Border collies are amazing. I went to a Scottish festival a few years ago and saw them herd sheep in a small field. Clever dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I often think of you and your editing. What would A/C do?!

    ReplyDelete