Thursday, July 23, 2026

From a Different Point of View

I purchased this light, tiny phone holder for Sue for Mother's Day.


It is self-described as a Geometrical Pocket Tripod PROv2 - Card-Size Stand, for iPhone. We hadn't used it as of yesterday, but as we exited the car for a walk in the park. I decided to take it with us to try to capture a different look — for selfies, if nothing else. It's a marvellously engineered little device that can fit in a wallet as seen below and open as a phone holder as seen above.


But is is tiny and light and it was windy out, so it wasn't easy, but here we are on the park path. I think I look ginormously tall.


We tried sitting on a bench, and we got this ↓ because it focused on the grass instead of us.


One more try after me trying to set the focus by bending my ancient body as near to ground level as I could to poke my finger in the preferred focal point, which happened to be Beloved's face. BTW, both bench pics had to be straightened and cropped.


We have another holding device or two that may be easier to use than this one, so we'll likely try again at some point,

Totally off topic, here is Sue's latest jigsaw.




6 comments:

  1. I've never mastered the selfie and don't think I ever will, so I am in awe of those, like you, who have.
    The jigsaw is wonderful, though the clouds must have been a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHH! I've seen those and wondered how well they worked but that is fun. Great photos.
    I've always wanted to have a place decorated with a truck that is like that with all the flowers.
    I have a funny story about flowers on things...someday I'll write about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do a lot of selfies as you probably know from blog posts and just rely on hand holding the phone. I have seen the holder shown here and wondered how useful is could be, so thanks for the info, but I will keep doing hand held selfies for the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect that I will too, but it's fun to experiment.

      Delete
  4. I have an iPhone so don't think I have this feature but I saw on my BIL's android phone that he could simply wave his hand and it would commence a three second countdown and take a picture. I think it would also focus on his hand wave too because all his selfie pictures were always in focus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like the coolest thing.

      Delete