I know that Sue and I seem to indulge in many outings and treats, but they are mostly just coffee. Only on occasion does the treat involve a scone or perhaps a turkey-bacon-club sandwich in the car in winter. I had a hankering for a bit more than that, so we took a little drive to Generations on the Lake in Lake Park for their Friday, fish n chip special.
For some reason neither of us got a picture of the meal, but I did take my necessary photo of Sue at the table.
After lunch we waddled down to the lake, but there is not much of a gap through the trees and bushes by the water, so I took a photo looking back at the inn instead. The dining room is the low part of the structure at the front, which of course is really the back of the house.
I noticed a few bullrushes for the first time this summer, but I think you may call them cattails.
It was one of those halcyon summer days with close to perfect weather.






Living in rural America with an aging population, we suffer the same thing. Somebody with a lot of energy comes along and reopens one of the many shuttered little cafes in our area. It is nice not having to drive an hour just to eat out once again but the problem lies in the older population. They mostly frequent the place but just drink coffee and gossip. At least here, straight black coffee is really cheap and so an entire morning will go buy and the cafe won't have even made enough profit to pay the waitress much less the cooks or the owner. Those cafes always seem to last about 2 or 3 months before the realization hits and they shutter the windows once again. Bigger cities like yours are likely better as they can tolerate a sizable coffee crowd and still get enough people to eat the more profitable meals later on.
ReplyDeleteI think we have enough dedicated coffee venues that the actual restaurants are not affected.
DeleteWhat a lovely day to create some great photos and memories! You must tell Sue (please) that I adore her wardrobe! It sets off her beauty so naturally and elegantly.
ReplyDeleteAfter the weather you've been having you deserve some pleasant weather and a little tour.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a lovely afternoon and terrific day. I love how you two do this!
ReplyDeleteA perfect way to spend a perfect day!
ReplyDeleteYou know what? You indulge yourselves as often as you want. I think you both have earned that much!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, dear friend. ❤️
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteYou two are so photogenic! And I love the pics of the milkweed,
ReplyDeleteYou guys are so cute, I love seeing your selfies and pictures. I love the pictures.
ReplyDeleteSue is so gorgeous. I can see why she's your favorite subject.
ReplyDelete