Wednesday, November 30, 2016

More Verto Pano Fun

Last week I posted a merge of 4 photos — 2 across and 2 up. I mentioned how I used Lightroom to merge them and what a good job it did.

Creating panoramas isn't new to me, but I haven't done much with vertoramas, so on another ramble, I decided to play some more.

This photo is just a 3-shot vertorama focusing on the drainage pond in our nearby park.


Emboldened I next tried a combination vertorama/panorama. In the title, I opted to call it a vertopano, but I don't know what other photographers call it. Whatever the name, once gain, it is 4 shots, 2 across and 2 up.


The next and final merge is also a 4-shot, but I didn't go too high on the second layer: just a bit to complete the trees on the right. It's of the little bridge that you may or may not see in the distance in the above photo: actually both above photos.


They all show that winter has arrived but whether the snow will remain or not is still in question. Sometimes it stays until March once we get a covering like this in November, but last year, it was mild and snow-less on Christmas Day, and the kids went out to ride their scooters and without heavy coats.

11 comments:

Marie Smith said...

Gorgeous, AC. Love these shots!

Mara said...

I really had to peer to find the bridge in the top two photos and only found it in the second one. Perhaps I need new glasses?

Either way, fantastic shots. Very seasonal.

Jim said...

Your photography and interest and knowledge of said subject continue to amaze and delight me. I continue to just "point and shoot." LOL! I purchased the companion book to my camera, but it might as well be written in Greek! So, I will just enjoy your talents. Keep them coming!!

Silver in AZ said...

wow, that's amazing!

Mage said...

O love the pictures but they all look like one shot to me. Is there some way you can show us what you did?

Vicki Lane said...

These are amazing!

Shammickite said...

Too technical for me. I just aim the camera and press the button! Lovely pictures, and I am amazed that you still have so much snow where there is none at all here.

Jenn Jilks said...

Well done!!!

Hilary said...

Nicely done, AC. The images are lovely and I'm very impressed with how adventurous you are with post processing.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Look at you getting all fancy on us! Awesome, and very good job of merging. No snow here yet, but gosh it was cold and wet today. Have a great weekend.

Kay said...

Wonderful! I'm missing the snow, but not the cold. My daughter has been texting me photos from Illinois of their snowstorm.