On Sunday, after hints of spring in the previous few days, we awoke to a fairly major snowstorm. I some desperation, I decided to take some photos of a pot of daffodils. Sue had added some styrofoam easter eggs to the pot to give it an additional touch.
This ↑ is a solar-powered butterfly also stuck in the pot. Of course, it was indoors and not fluttering at the time.
You wouldn't think that a picture with such colour would translate well to a bw photo, but I like the version below.
Then, Sue had the bright idea of sticking the pot outside the door in the snow, just for fun. So, I did.
At this time of year, I sometimes begin to assist mother nature by reversing the snow shovelling process. I begin to shovel snow from the pile on the lawn onto the driveway to speed up the melting process. I am keen to do this because one year, when I finally cleared the snow, I discovered that tulips had grown under it. I'd rather that not happen again.
The day before, when I began the process, JJ thought we should excavate a little niche, so I enlarged it. ↓
The snow won't last long now (he said, crossing his fingers). However large the pile looks to you in this photo, it's almost 1/4gone already. Once the melting begins, it all happens quickly. I even carved out two little ledges for them to sit on.
Predictably, they thought it was rather wonderful, and played in there for more than an hour after school, soaking themselves in the process.
They shovelled ...
and even had their after school snack in there.