Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Snow Day 1

It snowed all night and continued throughout much of the day, so they cancelled the buses, and the kids had their first snow day.

They came to ours and kept busy for a few hours. Danica made slime, and JJ worked on one of his books.





Then, they got on their phones to their friends, and made other arrangements for the rest of the day.

In the evening, I went out to shovel a bit of snow, and then took a little walk around the block and snapped a few pictures with my compact camera. And I do mean snapped (as in snapshots) in this case. But I thought some might appreciate the snow and the lights. They were taken at 1/10, 1/20 and 1/6 of a second respectively, so I am surprised that they are as clear as they are.






8 comments:

Marie Smith said...

A beautiful Canadian neighbourhood pre Christmas!

Tabor said...

I am rarely out with a camera in the cold and frequently miss the lights!!

troutbirder said...

I know I'm out of touch as our grandchildren live a thousand miles away in Arizona but Danica making slush...Mmmm. Well we've had little snow but there was slush on the roads a bit...:)

Donna said...

We've only had a bit of sleet and seven snowflakes here...Larry and I are going to drive around to see lights. Always neat.
hughugs

gz said...

good to see them busy!
Hi, via Cup on the Bus

Mage said...

I love the lights, and add the joy of a little snow it's perfect.
Now I didn't know you could make slime. LOL

Debbie said...

the lights are beautiful, made better by snow!!

the kids are getting so big!!!

Jenn Jilks said...

These are lovely. Such fun having a snow day with them.
We saw them tonight. Had to take the cat into an emergency vet. sigh.