Monday, April 03, 2006

The Hours


There's no garden to speak of in our new digs, but we stopped at Butterfly's yesterday to visit her and her crocuses (and The Boy, of course). It was an absolutely gorgeous day after an absolutely gorgeous week. We could have been doing other things, but the days of the crocus are numbered and fleeting, and I think we did a good thing to appreciate them for a while. We of numbered hours do well to appreciate the beauty of those hours.




I have added a Flickr Badge of my Spring Flower set to the sidebar. You can click to have a better look if you wish.


 

11 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous! I miss crocuses... it doesn't get cold enough here for them to grow.

Bonita said...

Yes,we of fleeting hours, and wee crocuses with long awaited arrival. Ours were up long before I ever felt like working out in the garden.

Gina said...

Lovely!

wthenrest said...

Beautiful!! One of my favorite flowers...means spring is here. I ususally buy the potted kind as we don't see them naturally until at least end of May or June...

-epm said...

I feel better already....

Down here in Deertown we're just seeing the greens of the crocuses stab through the earth. It'll be a week or so before we see some colour.

On the bright side, the "peepers" are back in the frog pond serenading us with a tuneless chours of peeps, chirps and croaks in the evening.

Turtle Guy said...

Reminds me of my childhood. The vacant grassland lot adjacent to the church we went to was FULL of Crocus plants. As kids, we used to pick them around Mother's Day for a gift we could actually afford for Mom!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely flowers. I am so glad it is spring.

Annie said...

I love how you changed your template to spring! I love spring! You have taken some really gorgeous pictures of flowers.! :)

Heather Plett said...

Great pics! We've still got a bit of snow on the ground here, but we're longing for crocuses.

Sarah Elaine said...

Lovely vibrant colours!

karla said...

Lovely!

I have crocuses blooming all around a shrub in my front lawn, but every time I come back from a walk with the pooch, he gobbles another one up.

Slowly, they are being eaten up. Yellow seems to be his flavour of choice.