While walking in the park, I wondered if I could find a reflection photo with this puddle, for I have said that one should always investigate the photographic potential of a puddle. Of course I seldom do, but I was beginning to look when sue placed her coffee cup on the edge.
Eventually, I got one photo that is okay. Just okay, but very us. The green is all reflection of tree leaves.
So, remember to have a look next time you pass a puddle. It could be worth it. If not, you could have fun trying.
Once we got inside to order our coffee to take on the rest of the walk, there was a longer lineup than usual.
↑↑ THAT ↑↑ was the post, BUT since we encountered another puddle on the next day, I might as well expand the post.
Once again, there was nothing significant to be seen in the puddle, but I did put Sue there, and since Tim's is in the background, I can talk about that a little in the process. Here is that photo, for no particular reason.
![]() |
| When the gentleman on the right heard Sue and I talking about the drive thru being the faster than coming inside, he reminded us the time when a rider rode his horse through the drive thru. |
At Tim's the cars in the DriveThru get served more quickly than the customers inside. Although, they have just added two of those new-fangled order kiosks inside, I wasn't in the mood to experiment. I know that the kids prefer them to an actual human cashier no matter how short the line, but I am not there yet. \
When I travelled recently with Shauna, however, she saved us quite a bit of waiting time by using the kiosk. Sue says that at busy roadside restaurants, Sha will order from the car via her app. I do have that app for payments, which saved me on coffee in each of the last two visits for a total of $4:50 because I had accumulated points, but I haven't used it to order ahead of time. I have resolved to try it next time I have coffee with the boys — that is if hell frees over, and I happen to remember.
Anyway, the length of the line was deceiving because four of the old people were together, so it didn't take very long to be called to the counter, and we were then served by a pleasant young lady who asked if we were having a nice day. We continued on our walk through The Junction and found a bench to sit on by the play structure. We didn't take any more pictures, which is really quite remarkable. Not even a selfie. What is the world coming too‽






I like when you experiment! Most times, you come up with some great shots...oh...and "Did you see the onion rings on my plate??"
ReplyDeleteHave to admit...nothing much better than an onion ring...I order them over fries.
Have a great week, John!
hugs
Donna
I saw, but you didn't mention them. Hence the comment.
DeleteI guess it is just as well but the direction that fast food restaurants have gone have led me to just stay home. Many of ours are like what you described. Drive thru gets priority and indeed, the bulk of the people now go that route. Inside, we are forced to order off kiosks so if you are like me and need to customize due to a food allergy, it is a lengthy if not often impossible task. I have ordered from apps with the intention of skipping all the waiting and just driving up and receiving my order. But the U.S. versions of that that I have tried means you drive up and only then do they start putting together your order so you wait just as long as you would have in the drive thru if not longer. I suppose they do that so everything is nice and warm still but it defeats the convenience part.
ReplyDeleteSo I stay home and make my own meals and am probably healthier for it.
I don't think I'll get much past ordering coffee if and when.
DeleteI'm going to remember this -- look past the puddle!
ReplyDeleteThere was a reason for the last puddle picture. Highlighting Sue and your favorite coffee stop.
ReplyDeleteI do like the puddle with the trees reflected...but not the cup. Something artistic would have been more to my liking...say a shoe or a hat, or hand...so I kind of like the one with Sue in it. Don't get me started on fast food. It's slow food these days.
ReplyDeleteIt's what we had. :) I was not about to throw my hat or shoe in there. It's all ad hoc as we go -- no planning involved.
DeleteI prefer to order from a human.
ReplyDeleteTim Horton's survives a flood! Unique pic. I thought this was going to end up with your phone in the puddle. You are very brave. Linda in Kansas
ReplyDeleteI don't want any more apps on my phone, even if it saves me time. Oh, don't I sound grumpy and old?! :)
ReplyDeleteWith no more trips to Buffalo since daughter moved to Maryland, there's little chance of us darkening the doors of Tim's anytime soon. I do enjoy their Tim bits and Dan loves the peanut doughnuts.
ReplyDeleteGreat shots of the reflections.
ReplyDeleteTim Hortons ought to put you on retainer--so much good advertising copy!
ReplyDeleteI love ❤️ this, John. Lovely pictures of the reflections.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy "reflection" photographs, but had never really given a thought to trying to STAGE one. Very creative and well done!!!!! Although I am not really back to using my camera (yet), your creativity and the fun you have with it has brought back the desire in me to work to get back trying photography again (after ~10 year absence). I actually did dig out my old DSLR again a couple of weeks ago. I am hoping to actually find a way to fit it in and to start carrying my camera around more.... sometime this Fall when things settle into more of a routine (hopefully).
ReplyDeleteWe have a number of "Tims" in my region...... but the total number is small compared to 7-11s. There was a new one built that is kind of a "micro Tims" too.... it is ONLY drive through. Cute building, but ONLY drive through is not particularly to my liking.
Those ordering "kiosks" are not to my liking either, actually. But, they are the RAGE for kids in their 20s..... the generation that "ALWAYS had a smart phone".... a lot of them do not like a) talking on the phone, nor b) talking to a person at the counter. I have used the "kiosks" a handful of times, but they do not seem particularly efficient nor friendly.
When I first encountered one at a Taco Bell several years ago, the very large, upright rectangular screen had me quip in a joking fashion something akin to..... "Oh, man.... I heard the new iPhone that was coming out was going to be LARGER..... but this is just too damn big!"
Happily, the other folks in line DID laugh at my joke.... even the younger folks in their 20s. :)
PipeTobacco