Thursday, March 08, 2018

On the Same Page

There is no particular connection between these and the previous photos (of Bill and Sadie) except that they were on the same page of the photo album.

Grampa Quinlan and Uncle Charlie in 1945: Grampa would have been about 65-66 years old, younger than I am now. Uncle Charlie, brother to my mother, was my only real uncle although there were others, like Bill, whom I called uncle. (I had no aunts either. Although my mother and uncle had two sisters, they both died very young.) Uncle Charlie would have been about 30 years old, give or take.



Grandfather, Arthur Joseph Quinlan, with distant uncles. A number of Arthur's wife's Robinson clan had migrated to and settled in Saskatchewan. These two uncles, which they were to my mother although once removed if I understand, were visiting. From left to right: David Robinson, Don Robinson, Grandfather Arthur Quinlan (with the stuffy), and Tom Broadbent. Tom had married a Robinson woman.



Notice the baldness in the Robinson clan. With baldness on that side as well as my paternal side, I didn't have much of a chance.

Also on the same page is a photo that I have posted before. It is my uncle and me at Christmas 1954 when I was 7 years old.



Elsewhere in the album are two more photos of me in that outfit on that same Christmas Day. The first is with my dad. I think I was smiled-out at this point.



6 comments:

Shammickite said...

Wonderful pictures bringing back your memories of your family. Grandpa Quinlan looks quite fierce.

Marie Smith said...

Your grandson looks so much like you, AC.

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos . Thanks for sharing , have a great day !

Mage said...

Simply great photos. I love you in your hockey stuff...even smiled out. I don't understand what a stuffy was/is tho.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I love old photos- don't you just wish you could go back for a day or two and ask lots and lots of questions? I think that is why I love family history so much- I'm just so nosy!

Jenn Jilks said...

I'm with Terri, lots of questions I did not ask, or forgot the answer to.