Friday, March 30, 2018

Old Easter Photos

Happy Easter Weekend to you although one is never sure whether associating happy with Easter somehow goes against the proper Easter mood. I know from my past life that Easter can be solemn and emotional for Christians. Obviously, there is also triumph and joy too, but it's hard to know which mood prevails.

Anyway, the only real connection of this post to Easter is that I found some photos from 5 years past taken upon the occasion of Easter. Actually, the first two are from Sue's birthday, which in some years is only a week from Easter, and that was the case in 2013, just as it is this year when Easter comes early.

I like these two photos of Danica displaying different moods at Sue's birthday dinner.





The next lot was taken one week later at Easter.

I made a collage of JJ and his faces. He remains quite adept at pulling some very good faces.




Back to Danica, who gets 4 separate pictures in this post as opposed to JJ's 4 in 1.




This serves to remind me that I haven't yet uploaded photos from Sue's birthday this year. They are on the compact camera, which I tend to forget about.

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Amazing how they have changed!!

Marie Smith said...

They’ve grown up in that time AC. Beautiful!

Jenn Jilks said...

They have grown much!
I hear you. many publishing posts about joyful Easter, happy rabbit and eggy designs. Totally missing the Good Friday aspect. Having spent many hours in choir rehearsals for Good Friday and Easter Sunday services, I found the contrast was most wonderful. You cannot have the joyful without knowing the grief.

I'm not religious any more. And hubby is a Catholic who gave it up for Lent 45 years ago. At least, that's the family joke. My two sons are atheist and agnostic, my daughter a semi-practicing Christian. what a family!