Thursday, February 22, 2018

5

I had to do a bit of a double-take in my preparations for bed last night.

You see, I found that I had applied 5 separate ointments in 5 distinct places on my body.

While I always apply 1 for my dry eyes (an actual condition) to keep them somewhat lubricated during the long night, that is usually the extent of it. Honest.

Just recently, however, I have added a second ointment.

I know it sounds funny, but I have been using a nose gel because my nose has also been getting dry and stuffy overnight. This is temporary: not something that I will need to continue. In fact, I forgot just the night before, and I was fine. And as winter dryness abates, so will my stuffiness. At least so I trust.

But last night there were 3 other ointments brought into play.

One was for a mouth sore. I get cankers.

Another was to tame some sort of eruption on my face. It's partly covered by my facial hair, so I am not sure if it's a pimple (surely not), an ingrown hair, or something other.

Finally, I rubbed another ointment on my very sore knee.

I know it sounds crazy, like I am falling apart completely, and well ... that may be true.


6 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

You're not as old as I am, are you? Put that stuff away. You're intimidating me.

Jenn Jilks said...

We're all falling apart a little at a time!

Mage said...

It's a shame that you can't find one ointment for every occasion. LOL

Marie Smith said...

Lol. You need a once fits all ailments!

Kay said...

Sigh... It happens to all of us, doesn't it?
My daughter has told me to buy Voltaren gel whenever we get to Europe because they don't sell it in the U.S. It's supposed to be a non-inflammatory gel for pain. I'm wondering if they sell it in Canada. If you want to buy a tube in Hawaii, I was told it would be $50. Sheesh!

Vicki Lane said...

Welcome to the Golden Years.