Friday, July 21, 2017

Try Try Again

After my little tour with Brian, one evening I wanted to go back to Blakeney and take some photos in different light. That I did get but there were no clouds, which are desirable for the most part. When you go out to shoot landscapes, you make do with whatever light there is and do your best.

This had been the shot I had gotten on the previous visit. It was okay on a cloudy day in subdued light, but I thought I could do better.



So, I want back in low evening light with the sun coming from the back and to the right. It's a tighter shot centering on the tree that is to the right, above. The blank sky is not the best result, but if you don't show too much of it, you can get by. The reflections were good on this calm evening.



I should go back early some morning and take a shot with front light. Maybe I'll do that when the sun gets up a little later. It's not that I don't get up early already, but the sun was already getting up when I arose at 5:30 this morning. 😎

Meanwhile, I also took this shot looking in the opposite direction and came up with some interesting reflections at a slow shutter speed. A 1.6 second exposure was enough to slow the water and catch movement. It also caught reflections that I couldn't see very well with my eye.



That above photo was pretty cropped and I wouldn't mind returning with a longer lens to focus more on the foreground at the bottom.


6 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Very well done! I love this spot.

Marie Smith said...

Love the reflections, AC.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Great water swirls...slow exposure?

MARY G said...

I am following this with great interest. You may have retired but you still are a dern good teacher. I keep seeing ads for software that will do things like put clouds in your sky (Friend lends me his photo magazines.) i wonder if this can be detected easily. My take on photo edit of any sort is that if you say what you have donze, it is legit. Just don't move the Peace Tower and not mention it.
The reflection swirl is quite eerie. I would love to see what your long lens would do.

Vicki Lane said...

Very nice! That last one is amazing!

Mage said...

Wonderful. I hate to differ with you, but that first shot is magic. If you want a little more drama, increase the contrast. Yes, over all, this days shoot was a great success.