Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Crocuses

I guess it was just about a decade ago that I decided to plant a garden. I had gone five decades without getting around to it, but I suddenly felt the call. For whatever reason, I was only interested in perennials, including spring bulbs that came up every year. Crocuses were the first flowers to come up, and I was smitten. Every year since then, if possible, I try to take some crocus pictures. Even though I don't have a garden at present (I just haven't gotten around to it in this new place), I enjoy Thesha's crocuses every spring. This year, I decided to concentrate on macro shots, which are not that easy, but I'm happy enough with a few of them.

Happy Easter from me and the crocuses.





10 comments:

Mara said...

Lovely photos! Hope you have a fantastic Easter!

Ruth said...

Happy Easter to you and your family. The squirrels eat my early spring bulbs so I have to go searching for my first flowers. Lovely Easter colours in your macro shots.

Amanda said...

I think your pictures are just great!
Happy Easter to you all,
l,
Amanda

Ginger said...

Wow, AC! Gorgeous! Happy Easter to you and the tribe.

Donna said...

Happy Easter to you All!! These are GORGEOUS Shots!!!hughugs

ChrisB said...

You got some good shots. Hope you had a Happy Easter.

Woman in a Window said...

I think you did great! Happy Easter to you too.

Heather Plett said...

Those are lovely! Do you have a macro lens? I think that will be my next big camera-related purchase, 'cause I love taking macro shots, but can't get very good ones with the lens I have.

Mary said...

AC,

The crocus are beautiful. I hope you and yours had a very Happy Easter.
Blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

So very lovely.
Happy Easter to you and yours.